4 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2014 11:49 AM by peteruliano RSS

Anyone from NH?

peteruliano Silver 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am relocating from NY to NH. I am staying a year in Manchester,NH for work then buying a home in the lakes region. I know the lakes region and Conway area pretty well but was wondering if anyone can give me ideas of things to do with my Kids and Wife in the southern NH area?

We like hiking , outdoors etc.

Also this is a stretch but my Daughter is severely allergic to Peanuts and Treenuts so if you know any good restaurants and/or Frozen yogurt shops that are peanut free.

I love NH and can not wait I will be there in 2 weeks. My Wife and I do not know a soul there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New Hampshire, USA
  • Re: Anyone from NH?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

peteruliano,

Dont' live there, but have spent a lot of time there!

Congratulations, you are making a good move.  When you can, visit Concord, and enjoy a terrific town.  Likewise, take a drive to Littleton and enjoy the Littleton Diner, and ''Small town" beauty.

Let us know how your move goes and please send some photo's!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks so much for your answer I will check those places out and I will def. show some photos. Thanks!

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Welcome to the Granite State!  We have beautiful country here, and in the greater Manch-Vegas area (a nice term when used by natives) you will find conveniences and shopping (tax-free!) to your heart's delight.  I wish you and the family an easy transition.

Where should we get started?  I'm not sure how old your kids are so I'll generalize a bit.  NH has a lot to offer.  Here are a few suggestions.

1) The Great Park Pursuit put on by the NH Division of Parks and Recreation is free and lots of fun with kids.  The format varies each year, but it's a blast.  We have participated in this for 5 years.  The New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation : Great Park Pursuit   Here is the link in blue.  You can look up what has been done in the past and glimpse photos.  It's a wonderful way to see things in the state that you may not have known about.  We have AWESOME state parks!

2) I highly recommend getting The Fun Pass 2014.   It saves over $1,800 in discounts at favorite New England children's attractions,  There are SO many things to do and these coupons are worth-while.  Booklet costs $32.  Check it out here:  Breathe New Hampshire

Some of our most favorites from the book are the Polar Caves, Story Land, The Fells, Funspot, McAuliffe-Shepherd Discover Center, any of the lake cruises, SEE Science Center (right in Manchester), Montshire Museum (in VT on NH border).

3) Something to help with planning activities is a book called "Fun Places to Go with Children in New England" by Diane Blair & Pamela Wright; Chronicle Books is the publisher.  We mark off each of the places we go to and record the date in the margin.  The descriptions are spot-on and I'm sure your significant other will appreciate the sections arranged by state.  You guys won't be too far from the Mass. border so a lot of these things are day-trips.

4)  I subscribe to NH Magazine (yes, even in these computer-oriented times) and have gleaned and learned a lot from this monthly publication.  They do have content on-line at nhmagazine.com.  It might help you adults make the transition easier.  I can't help you with the nut-free locations as this is not a worry in our world; I haven't had to pay attention to that.  But as with anything, you can research on-line.  Also, check out nhmagazine.com/food and maybe contact the editor of that section Susan Laughlin to ask if they can do an upcoming feature on nut-free since it seems to be something that's needed for not only you but others too.

Why don't you send me a private message with the ages of the kids, sports they play, etc. and I'll let you pick my mind about any topic!  And, you can count me as your first "soul" to know up here, even though we haven't met yet!

-Sledchick

Wow thanks I will Dm you

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...