7 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2014 6:35 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Stewards, Insider of the Month and Other Sundries

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is it my imagination, or did all references to Insider of the Month just disappear?  It seems like it's been well over a month since our last Insider of the Month has been awarded.  Did this nice feature go away?  Also, are we past due for new Stewards?  (No offense, love you guys and gals and thanks for what you do, really.)  Just wondering if this program has slipped to the bottom of the sea as well.  Also, we love Bejacob, but is it time to feature another Insider?  Just some musings for a slow day.

Happy and safe travels.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Stewards, Insider of the Month and Other Sundries
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

The Insider of the Month was retired in favor of the Featured Insider (see item #6 on 9 noticeable changes to the community homepage inspired by K-I-S-S). I expected that a new one would be selected monthly, but so far that hasn't happened. Being the first Featured Insider was nice, but I agree that it is time for someone else to take this honored space on the site.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Ooohhh, did not know this.  Well in that case, congratulations on being the first Featured Insider!  I hope Marriott is able to continue to reward Featured Insiders in the same fashion as was previously done for the IOTM honorees.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Sadly, the $100 gift card that went to Insiders of the Month also went bye-bye. There is a cool new participation badge though. It looks like this.

FI.PNG

I guess until someone else is selected, I'm the only person who has one.

Just as there were many deserving IOTM, I'm sure there will be some great choices for this as well.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I was disapointed when the news came out that the Insider of the Month program had been discontinued.  Hopefully a new Community Manager will be announced soon.  Once that happens I assume we will see a new "Featured Insider" announced and get a round of new stewards.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I think you are right on track vaboywnder. I think alot of things have been "mis-placed" or "in limbo" until a new guy (or gal) is selected to follow in Andy's footsteps. BTW he did a great job in keeping us all in tow and I am sure the next one will do the same. What about one of our own,  ansaa, merb, The specified item was not found. or even our newest to the team of what were they called again vaboywnder???

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...