3 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2014 12:19 PM by peteruliano RSS

Marriott.com

patrish Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Why does Marriott.com show a price per night for a room and when you go to view rates all of a sudden they are only showing you a suite which is three times the price that was stated. In particular I was checking on the St. Pancras Renaissance which tells me on the list of London Marriott properties that it will be £276 ($464) a night For my desired 5 night stay.   When I click View Rates the rate turns into £625 ($1051.50) for a Grand Junior Suite.  Then my only option is to click room packages and that tells me that a regular room is £343 ($577) a night but includes breakfast which I get anyway for being a gold or platinum member.  On the other hand if I go to booking.com I can book a room without breakfast and for my 5 day stay for an average of $325  a night however I can not earn points on my room price paid.  Why hasn't Marriott saved a room for me with this option?  Do I have to call and plead my case with an agent.  This isn't the first time I've ran into this problem.  I will most likely stay at the County Hall but St. Pancras was a little less expensive and I my plan to go to Paris for a day so therefore St. Pancras would be convenient for taking the Eurostar.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Also, the price on booking.com was NOT the pay in advance price.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott.com
    peteruliano Silver 11 Reviews

In my experience the website only shows what is available after you click. I think they save some for just packages like the breakfast thing. I assume Marriott uses Rainmaker LRO ( a revenue Management system)  which sets the daily rates however I am unsure about that. If you call no need to plea just tell them you do not want the breakfast because you get it for free anyway I am sure they will help you out. Also the site often has a prepay in full at a certain lower rate to encourage paying in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

patrish Platinum 5 Reviews

Thanks for the quick reply but my point is when I see a price in bold print, that is the price I expect to see when I click view rates. If it's a pay in advance rate then so be it but in this case it's not.  Don't advertise one price and not have that available.  Hey, it's Monday and maybe that's why I'm grumpy.  Too much work and not enough play makes Pat a grumpy girl.  A beach vacation is coming up this weekend.  I need it!

peteruliano Silver 11 Reviews

Your Welcome just trying to answer and help in any way I can even though it was not much help lol

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...