2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2016 12:29 PM by iahflyr RSS

This and that on a Friday

Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Reservation process

* I'd like to see Marriott offer the "pick your own room" map added to the reservation process like that of one of its chief competitors.

Check-in

* Does Marriott offer an App that tells you when your room is available?

* IMO Marriott should make it policy to offer automatic upgrades (when available) instead of having to fact check if upgrades are really available.

Issues while at the hotel

* I've stayed at another chain that posted a TM # that allowed a guest to ask/complain/comment while at the hotel? Does Marriott offer that? At that hotel my issue was immediately addressed. I received an immediate TM response stating they received my TM and then another TM shortly thereafter with the associates name and how it was/will be resolved. This method is far easier especially if it late at night. Its a tech driven world, get used to it. 

Go Green

* Is Marriott going to make recycling mandatory (not by guests, the hotel). I rarely come across recycling bins inside rooms or in the hotel. Of course some Marriotts do, but why not make recycling company wide?

Tie-Ins

* I'd like to see Marriott offer a tie-in with Zipcar or Enterprise CarShare if the powers to be allow.

Things I'd like to see Marriott eventually come around to

* Make all check-in/check-out activities via kiosk and eventually via SmartPhone. Have a trained associate there to handle difficulties/problems and the people who would refuse to use the kiosk. You know who you are. Mwhaha

Just my thoughts on a Friday. Feel free to add yours.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: This and that on a Friday
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

WesleyWC,

Some good thoughts and ideas there!  I have some input I'd like to share.

* I'd like to see Marriott offer the "pick your own room" map added to the reservation process like that of one of its chief competitors.

I totally agree..it would be nice to have this feature.

* Does Marriott offer an App that tells you when your room is available?

* IMO Marriott should make it policy to offer automatic upgrades (when available) instead of having to fact check if upgrades are really available.

Marriott does have a Mobile app that allows you to make reservations and check rewards activity.  Most full service Marriotts have the Mobile Check in feature and according to Marriott upgrades are taken into consideration when using this feature. Personally I do not use this feature as I have found that I'm more successful with getting upgrades by inquring with the clerk during check-in.

* I've stayed at another chain that posted a TM # that allowed a guest to ask/complain/comment while at the hotel? Does Marriott offer that?

I also agree that it would be nice to a Supervisor or Manager contact to address any issues with your stay.  At Marriott Full Service properties there is a "At Your Service" button on the telephone.  I've use this feature a few times and the hotel rep that responds is usually

* Is Marriott going to make recycling mandatory (not by guests, the hotel). I rarely come across recycling bins inside rooms or in the hotel. Of course some Marriotts do, but why not make recycling company wide?

I have seen a few Marriott properties that have reclcying containers in their room and/or in the lobby of the hotel. I think that most properties actually sort the trash from the rooms for reclcying.  But you are right it should be a company wide policy.

* I'd like to see Marriott offer a tie-in with Zipcar or Enterprise CarShare if the powers to be allow.

I'm not sure that we will ever see that happen.  Marriott does have a partner ship with Herz car rental which also offers the hourly car rental service like Zip Car.  Some Marriotts do have Hertz car rentals with this feature. 

* Make all check-in/check-out activities via kiosk and eventually via SmartPhone

I would support this idea except for the fact I like being able to speak to a Desk Clerk so that I can inquire about potential upgrades.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: This and that on a Friday
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I agree with your thoughts, excellent on all accounts.

The inability to select your room either online or via the app is something I really like about the "competitors"!!  The times I've used that option we've gotten the exact room when we arrived at the hotel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...