11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2014 2:37 AM by john_thai RSS

More Travel Package Success.....Thailand we are coming back!

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I (and many on this board) are big fans of the Travel Package. I used two recently to get a total of 240k additional US Air DM + (2) 5 night category 7 certificates. We own MVCI properties which gives us access to the 5 night TP's.

Last night, we pulled the trigger. Booked a two week trip to Thailand for Jan 2015. (2) Business Class tickets on Cathay Pacific. (JFK-HKG-BKK) Connecting to HKT on our own. 5 nights in BKK and 7 nights in Phuket.

Threads are started from time to time asking the value of MRP's. I priced the two Cathay tickets. $12k each....$24k total plus the value of the stays.

Looking forward to our adventure!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phuket, Thailand
  • Re: More Travel Package Success.....Thailand we are coming back!
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

sounds like one awesome deal tker. Thanks for posting so insiders know the value of the travel packages if worked effeciently.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

Outstanding!  Congrats from a fellow travel package fan.

ansaa Member

Sounds like it will be a great trip tker! We'd love for you to share some travel tips with the rest of Insiders here: The specified item was not found..

Enjoy .

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Excellent tker!  I'll bet our friend klaus29 can share some ideas for your stay in Phuket.

We will be trying the Ren. in Phuket for the first time. Our other week will be at the PBC. We have a timeshare week there. We only get there every 3 years or so.

klaus29 Silver

tker,  you  have a Timeschare  week,  why  you  dont  change  your  week  for  the  Phuket  Beach  club

or the my Khao  Beach  club..  there  you  get  a  Villa  with  2 bedrooms,  a big   Living  room  for  6  person

i stay  there  everyu  years  3  a  4  weeks.  i  buy  in Europe  very  cheap  6  timeschare  weeks  very  low  staqndart,

but  just  good  ernought  for  Echange,  and  schure  all  my  weeks  ,is  change  with M,arriott  4  weeks  in  ******

and  2  weeks  in Euriope.    the   Renaissance  hotel  is  just  150  meters  from  the  2  Vocation club

again  where  youi  get  a  Villa,  and  not  a  simple  Hotel  Room. . Hotel  or  vocation Club  not  1  have a   Lounge.

From  next  month  i  will leave  Marriott  for  pay  hotel  rooms, i  will stay  only  with my  echange  weeks

i   have  my  House  alredy  15  years  in  Phuket,  this  time  i  rent   a  House , best  area,  in  Bangkok

appartment  17 ten floor  1  Living  room, 1  bedroom, and  a  seperate  Kitchen. the  Appartement  have a  view

direct  to  the Chaophraya  River.  Bangkok is  the  third  cheapest  city in the  world.  i  pay  for  1 month

for  this  super  appart  , via  house  trip  , 35000  Bath  or  800  Euro,  this  is  not  30  Euro  per  day.

i hope  you will  see  my  Post

Hi Klaus: Our MVCI (One of them) is at Phuket Beach Club. We own a week there and Aruba Surf Club. We are using our week for the trip. Our plans are 6 nights at the Ren. and 7 nights at the Beach Club. It will be our 5 time to Phuket but first time going to the Renaissance. I am pretty excited about that and the Cathay bus class experience.

(Normally we spend time in Bangkok. This time its all beach and relaxing.)

klaus29 Silver

Hi, tker   now  i anderstand 100%  you  will stay  not  only  5  but  11  nights  in  phuket,  you are   very exitinf  to go

in the  renaissance  hotel,  with a  exchange,  you  get  breakfast?  i wright  alredy  bevore  in the  renasissance

yoi  dont  have  to  a  Lounge,  all  the  hotels  JW    ,  Renaissance  the  2  Vocation club  are  en  the  same  place.

where  is  your  advantage  in the  renaissance??  you  get  a  Suite  or  a  2  bedroom  Apartement  thenh  i

anderstand,  dit  you  like  to  the  Renaissance  Hotel,  or  its  not  a  exchange  and  you pay, then i anderstandf.

You   vam alredy  5  years  to  thailand,  i  only  32  years , i  love  this  country,          .  i  make  now  6  months

Europe  and  6 months  asia,       i  wisch  you a  nice  Holidays.  if  you  neet any  Information,  let  me  know.

about  Cathay  pacific  is  one  of the  best  airline  in thre  world, you will  like,  you  have a  stop  in  Hongkong  i

hope  not  to  long,  and  from there   to  Phuket  you  dont  neet   3  hours

Location Brand Hotel
            Phuket, Thailand
    john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

If I can offer a suggestion: Don't use "full fare" ticket prices to value points. Nobody pays that price. R/T B/C is typically $5-7k, roughly half the value you gave it. You get a more realistic value of what your points are worth.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...