12 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2014 12:29 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Nebraska!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

nuhusker, this one's for you!

On the recent flight back from CDG to ATL on a wonderful AF 747, I had the experience to enjoy a movie.  Not being much of a movie attendee, this one  was fascinating and hilarious to me, Nebraska.  Did not know what it was about, but watched it, and thought of our Mid-West "Experiences" and just could not stop enjoying the film.

The flight was most enjoyable, but the food and the movie proved to make the flight very memorable.  Here are a couple photo's:

IMG_4109.JPG

We are just getting off the ground on the AF 747.  Bulkhead seats on the 747-400 are comfortable and the service is excellent!

IMG_4112.jpg

The salmon, foix gras (Don't eat it anywhere), and vino are superb.  Note the movie, Nebraska, on the screen.  This movie is making me laugh too much to enjoy this wonderful meal!

IMG_4114.JPG

Having three windows to view the frigid ground makes one enjoy this:

IMG_4115.JPG

The "Medicine Cabinet", is really well stocked and diversified.  IAHFLYR, would be pleased with the assortment of "Medications"!  Everyone on the flight arrived healthy!  It was a miracle, but that's the benefit of proper medicine!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Nebraska!
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thanks for the shout out Jerry, as always a well stocked medicine cabinet is the perfect treatment plan for flights longer than 30 minutes.  Bulkhead seats are the way to go in my book, well done.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

IAHFLYR,

I really enjoy the bulkhead on International flights, but sometimes worry about them on US flights because, you don't know for sure you will have a place to store your carry-on's!

Yes, the "Medicine Cabinet" was the best I have ever seen as far as a wide variety of almost anything you could imagine!  It was fun to try all kinds of goodies that I would have never had nor tried before!  However, I stuck mostly to Vitamins A & C!

The overhead issue is why I attempt to be near or at the front of the line for Group 1 boarding on this airline I am stuck flying...........normally it works out just fine as I cannot stand for some rude rhino to put their seat back in my face during a flight, I might just ask for another dose of medicine from the Doctor on board.

IAHFLYR,

Your style is the same as mine!  I'll gladly wait in line, with carryon's to get that spot above my seat.  I used to not carry on and then it didn't matter, I loved to get on last then, but with laptops, etc. I have to get on early.

Keep the tips coming!

And getting on early gives you a much better chance of a few doses of medicine prior to the door closing.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

wow jerry, You're the Man!  I like your style. And Yes, I too enjoyed Nebraska.

Shoe,

We will get together someday, and have some laughs as well!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

i look forward to it!

ansaa Member

jerrycoin -

I love your photos and your flight sounds very enjoyable! I recently watched Nebraska as well and loved it. At first I was quite hesitant as I was not in the mood for a black and white film that night. However, June Squibib was absolutely hilarious!

ansaa,

I would have never have gone to the theatre to see the movie, because I thought it would be a "Artsy" movie.  Really not much of a movie goer at all.  However, on the airplane, I love to sit back and see some movies that I would never have seen.  I had my doubts about this movie, but it was really funny, and hit home for my Mid-West Life!

chautauquany Gold 4 Reviews

I am the only one in my family to like Nebraska, though it convinced me I will not be putting it on my travel list right away.  Am a movie lover and this one was great!  Thanks for all the photos on your recent posts.

chatauquany,

Thank-you!  We have something in common, "I'm the only one in my family that liked, and laughed during, the movie!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...