1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 7, 2008 1:08 PM by worldtravel11 RSS

travel within Italy

eojudy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

You should have ample time to tour most of Italy in 2 weeks; it's a fairly small country and the train service is good.  I preferred staying at the Marriott in the City of Rome.  The newest Marriott is NEAR Rome, but you must take a bus to and from the city.  The hotel is very nice and the staff is excellent, but location is not convenient.  The Tuscany region is gorgeous and Florence is an easy day trip from Rome.  Try and see Pompei, if possible.  Don't miss the gelatto!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: travel within Italy
    worldtravel11 Silver
    Currently Being Moderated
    I disagree.  You can DO Italy in 2 weeks but you won't do it justice!  We spend over a week in Tuscany traveling around viewing the smaller towns.  And just as someone said to allow a day in Rome to just wander, when you wander these smaller towns and you stop and have a leisurely lunch you experience more of the real Italy.  Then yes maybe you could do Florence as a day trip from Rome but who would want to?  Florence is one of my favorite cities in Europe.  We spent 3 nights there and never got sick of it.  We can't wait to go back. 
    This next trip is Rome/Naples/coast.  Friends of ours spent 10 days just in Rome and said they didn't do everything.  We know we'll just scratch the surface of Rome.

Too many American's do the whirlwind tours of Europe.  Go to a city and check off certain site - then next.  You never get a real sense of a country.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...