12 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2014 9:23 AM by happymarriotttraveler RSS

LIFE IS GOOD

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

At the risk of turning off the haters,I had a wonderful experience Monday when I checked into my hotel.  First of all, arriving at the property at 11 am, i was not too confident a room would be ready, secondly, when I booked, I found that the property was virtually sold out and an upgrade  was likely not in the cards.  Well, I was greeted with a warm hello, an acknowledgement of, and an appreciation for, my PP status, and a comment "Oh, someone must really like you".  Lo and behold I was upgraded to a king suite and the room was ready for immediate occupation.  Not a bad way to start the new week.  Now, did my complaining on this site just weeks ago about not a single upgrade yet this year have anything to do with it?  Now THAT is a conspiracy theory we can all gather around....goodnite all, I will be in my suite.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Plano, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center
Brussels, Belgium Marriott Hotels & Resorts Brussels Marriott Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
  • Re: LIFE IS GOOD
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Awesome!  It's always nice to get an upgrade to a suite!  Enjoy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Shoeman,

Sounds like some real "Texas Hospitality"!

Should this person be nominated for an award?

maybe so, good idea!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

shoeman1000 - very glad for your experience. No, I am not a "hater" but consistency is missing for this treatment. As you clearly stated, not a single upgrade yet this year tells more of your experience than this one-time special treatment. Hey, maybe it's a trend and I need to sound less "hateful."

Ping

I agree totally that upgrades, while always welcome, should come more often that once or twice a year.  I got spoiled last year with probably 8-10 suite upgrades for the year, but this year, not so much.  consistency would be great.  Would never put you not a group labelled 'haters'.  I find your posts to be fair ,pointed, and with a hint of an appeal to Marriott to step up their game.The concept is great, compete for my business…..  I get it.

ansaa Member

Good morning shoeman1000 -

That sounds like a GREAT Monday to me! Glad to hear you were greeted with what jerrycoin calls "Texas Hospitality". I hope you continue to post stories like this in the future. Enjoy your trip .

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It certainly is Texas Hospitality!!!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

It's great when life is good.  Especially when given the royal treatment at a full service hotel.  Congratulations, Shoeman.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

and a comment "Oh, someone must really like you".

I find that statement to be intriguing.  What does this mean?  That upgrades are arbitrary?  Subjective?  If so, what percentage of the time is this factor in effect?  Hmmm...

ghb1066 Platinum 1 Reviews

Being treated special is a funny thing. When we are the recipient, life seems wonderful. There have been many times that I was rewarded with a special room or suite and it just made my day. The problem arises when you visit that same property another time and are not offered any special treatment (or worse yet, stand by while somebody else gets that royal treatment). It's hard to remind yourself that there are many of us road warriors that "deserve" being treated special, and only so many lollipops to give out! Glad you had a chance to enjoy the good life for a trip!

happymarriotttraveler Platinum

I also wanted to add our Brussels, staying on points all the way.  Each hotel was superb service.  At Marriott Grosvenor Square we arrived early and we taken to the Members Lounge where a buffet breakfast was available.  After a week, we travelled to Paris Renaissance Vendome.  Lovely location and very gracious served breakfast everyday including New Year's Day.  We were disappointed with an unfortunate pickpocket experience at a restaurant referred by the hotel.  The concierge was a young woman who seemed confused by our need for reassurance and support.  This type of theft did appear staged and we were not assured by Renaissance that they would inform the restaurant of our displeasure.  The concierge said we (and she) accepts this as a routine Parisian irritation. We would stay here again for the beautiful location but felt that the hotel missed their service connection with us.  Next we went to Brussels Marriott which put us right in the middle of holiday activity and convenient to public transport to the airport.  They provided breakfast and access to the private Lounge.  Maybe Europe understands better how to treat Platinum Elite members.  We felt valued from the registration desk throughout our whole stay (except for that one experience).

Location Brand Hotel
      Brussels, Belgium Marriott Hotels & Resorts Brussels Marriott Hotel
      London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
      Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
    happymarriotttraveler Platinum

I added my agreement with superb service at Grosvenor Square and Brussels Marriott

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...