1 Reply Latest reply: May 8, 2014 1:47 PM by zukracer RSS

American Airlines award cost in miles way up

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

For some destinations like Hawaii, the cost in miles shot up like a rocket.  It used to be 17.5K for a one way trip and 35K for an anytime award.  It is now 17.5K for off season, 22.5K for high season and 90K for an anytime award.  The anytime award more than doubled.  The anytime award for first class is 150K and it used to be 75K.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: American Airlines award cost in miles way up
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I havent noticed that one, when did it get announced?  I looked recently at tix to the USVI and found it was just cheaper to buy and get my upgrades than to use points.  They did change about a year ago maybe 9months, where the dates for in season/off season were updated.  Perhaps that's playing into the higher miles?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...