7 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2014 10:43 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Avoid surprises when you can

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here's a list of ten travel fees that may pop up and you want to avoid.

Some are insidious, but then who wants insidious?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Avoid surprises when you can
    Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Thanks for sharing this!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Most of these fees are just evil. It looks like some we can't avoid, but I try my best not to pay the unnecessary ones. Thanks for bring this to our attention.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Thanks for sharing! 

It may be less expensive to NOT rent cars at the airport, but get a "Shuttle" to your hotel and then rent a car nearby!  I know it is more expensive to rent a car at The STL Airport than any other place in town.

As far as "Resort Fee's", I really try to avoid these places and have changed my hotel locations in some cities because of that reason.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

JerryC you are right I if possible rent away from airport and save many of those fees . Fees can usually add 50% to price

jerryl,

It is sometimes cheaper to take a taxi to your hotel, and then renting a car, when you in fact, need it!

superchief1 Platinum

Most of the exhorbitant rental car charges are due to local taxes to fund stadiums and other unpopular local spending initiatives. It is easier to tax those who don't vote. 'Taxation without representations'. Kansas City has one of the highest rental car taxes in the country to fund the Sprint Center, which still has no pro team tenant.

superchief1,

So right!

Would not encourage, renting a car at KCMO Airport.

There is a wonderful Marriott property nearby, and maybe that is the place to rent a car?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...