2 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2014 11:14 AM by nycuws10025 RSS

If it ain't broke, don't "Fix" it!  Maps on the Marriott.com reservations list.

nycuws10025 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Prior to a fairly recent change, when making a hotel reservation at Marriott.com, users were able to make a selection to show or not show a map locating the hotels on the list of available properties for the search request.  If the user opted to see the map, it remained "frozen" at the top of the screen (i.e. map always visible at the top) while scrolling through the list of hotels which followed it.

Marriott.com has apparently been "enhanced" to force the user to EITHER view the map OR view the hotel list.  Unfortunately, it is not possible to see both at the same time - one has to continually toggle back and forth between the map to review locations and the list to compare prices.

I find this 1) very user UN-friendly 2) a huge time-waster for people trying to easily find the right hotel in the right location at the right price and 3) completely devoid of any logic.

To Marriott, I would ask:  Did you have complaints about the old hotel list/map display?   Did you check with a focus group?  Did they actually agree that this solution is better?

To me, this is a great example of "If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!"   While the old display wasn't perfect, it was far better than what Marriott has decided we need and is delivering now.   Am I all wet, or has anyone else noticed (and been frustrated by this too?)

I usually like to do my own reservations and the Marriott.com site, while rather clunky compared to Hilton's, allowed me to do my own bookings with a minimum of fuss and frustration.  This so-called "enhancement"  may entice me to go back to calling Marriott Reservations and let THEM do all the work for me - at greater cost to Marriott.

all best regards to my fellow Insiders

NYCUWS10025