1 Reply Latest reply: May 7, 2014 12:40 AM by vaboywnder RSS

Will my Gold status do anything for me at the Ritz Carlton Central Park, NYC?

viennarose Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am using more than a year's worth of Rewards Points to stay two nights at The Ritz Carlton Central Park as a treat for my husband's 80th birthday.  I have gold level status and wonder if upgraded room or Concierge Lounge will be made available to us.  Any experience with using points at the Ritz?NY

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
  • Re: Will my Gold status do anything for me at the Ritz Carlton Central Park, NYC?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Viennarose,

Welcome to Insiders!  Gold/Platinum MR members unfortunately do not get Concierge Lounge Access at the Ritz.  We do get perks like free internet and possible room upgrades.  The following is taken from the Marriott Rewards Term and Conditions page:

Elite Membership Benefits at The Ritz-Carlton Hotels (Available for Members of the Marriott Rewards Program and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Program)

Platinum, Gold and Silver Membership

1. Bonus on Rewards Program Points: Bonus Points vary by Elite Membership level (Silver, Gold or Platinum) and are calculated based on base Points earned during a stay.

Silver20%
      Gold25%
      Platinum50%
    2. The Ritz-Carlton Branded Merchandise Savings: 10% discount on The Ritz-Carlton branded merchandise, excluding sundries, purchased at The Ritz-Carlton Gift Shops on property (Membership Card must be presented to obtain discount).

3. Priority Late Checkout: Call the front desk the morning of checkout and let them know you are requesting up to a 2-hour checkout extension. Priority Late Checkout is not available at all The Ritz-Carlton resort locations.

4. Elite Reservations Line: Exclusive reservations number available for Elite Members (U.S. and Canada only):
      • Marriott Rewards members call: 800-228-2100
      • The Ritz-Carlton Rewards members call: 800-437-4302

5. Dedicated Exclusive Guest Services Line: Dedicated number for Elite Members (U.S. and Canada only:
      • Marriott Rewards members call: 800-321-7396
      • The Ritz-Carlton Rewards members call: 801-468-4233

Additional Platinum and Gold Membership Benefits:

1. Free Room Upgrade: Club Level and Suites not included. Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom.

2. High Speed Internet: Complimentary Internet access at any participating Ritz-Carlton hotels. Not available in meeting rooms. Free Premium Tiered Internet Access: Complimentary premium tiered Internet access is now available at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels in the U.S. and Canada only. Not available in meeting rooms.

Additional Platinum Membership Benefits:

1. Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift: Platinum Members will receive a welcome amenity of 1000 bonus Points or 500 bonus Miles depending upon their earning preference once the qualifying stay has posted to the Member’s account.
    2. 48-hour Guaranteed Availability: Limited to a Platinum Member's personal guestroom. Guaranteed room availability for reservations booked at least 48 hours prior to arrival available at all participating Ritz-Carlton hotels. 48 Hour Guaranteed Availability may not be available on certain limited dates (e.g., special events). Benefit cannot be used in conjunction with award usage or any type of promotional or discounted rates.
    3. The Ultimate Reservation Guarantee: To be eligible, Member's Rewards Program Membership Number and a valid credit card number must be included with the reservation. If hotel is unable to honor the reservation, it will pay for comparable accommodations nearby for the Elite Member that night, and compensate the Member for the inconvenience.
    4. Platinum Elite Reservations Line: Exclusive reservations number available for Platinum Elite Members (U.S. and Canada only):
      • Marriott Rewards members call: 800-399-4229
      • The Ritz-Carlton Rewards members call: 800-277-0517

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...