24 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2014 9:59 AM by bpelican RSS

No More Bottled Water in Concierge Lounge?

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have heard a disturbing rumor from a Marriott source that there will no longer be bottled water in the Concierge Lounges.  Can anyone verify this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
  • Re: No More Bottled Water in Concierge Lounge?
    Platinum 28 Reviews

Recent overnights in the last 30 days:

Renaissance LAX 

Ventura Beach Marriott

Marriott East Side - Manhattan

All had bottled water.

If the rumor is true it would be a "low blow" to save a few pennies.

A more effective policing of who has access to lounges would be much more productive at cost savings to the hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

This is a hard rumor to believe.   Let's hope there is nothing to it.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I certainly hope the rumor mill is just that, a rumor as taking the water bottles from the lounge would be yet another swift kick to the head of us who are able to access the lounge....................what don't millennials drink water?

allrps Gold

I have noticed that in the CL that they have replaced bottle soda with cans.

I like the bottles better because I can recap the bottle (less lose of gas) compared to the can. Once the can is open its stay's open

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I stay if full service properties every week.  I have not seen any sign of bottled water being held back….  I cannot imagine they would continue with soft drinks but exclude water…..

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Thanks Merb.  It seemed an unlikely move to me.  Why would the lounges continue to give beer and wine at certain times, and stop water?  I'm glad you have confirmed the rumour is unfounded.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

bpelican,

Bottled water everywhere I have been lately!

Thanks for checking this out for us, merb.  I have not been at a FS Marriott for a while so could not check this rumor out personally.  It made no sense as the other Insiders have expressed here.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Still there in spades (or bottles). One hotel had Evian in the CL!

Thanks for the quick answer merb, yet another reason you're the best!!!!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I wonder if rumors are started to see the reaction.  I would be most unhappy if they stopped offering free bottled water.

One way in which this could removal be justified is that the waste from  the bottles themselves runs contrary to Marriott's goal of environmental goals and sustainability.  Just a thought. I am sure at some point the idea will be tossed around at a conference table at HQ in Maryland.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Cali

you guys in California are too big on Conspiracy theories…..  water is not going away, level 10 properties did not happen,  life is still as we knew it…..  relax, smell the roses, smoke some pot…...

Platinum 28 Reviews

We also would be paranoid if we weren't convinced that there are 49 states that  hate us!!!

Here is a spycam shot of a new bottle feeding prototype beign rolled out for the new Category 11 hotels, No hamsters were injured in the making of this photo, but plenty were thirsty. This is the Platinum Premier model, and not available to all Lounge guests.

bottle.jpg

Platinum 28 Reviews

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Remodeling at our home sent us to the Warner Center Marriott - Woodland Hills, CA - ALL THE BOTTLES YOU COULD CARRY OUT WERE AVAILABLE!  Bringing the total lounges visited in the last 30 days to four.  All with water bottles.

During the visit last night I inquired about the possibility of cutting back on water bottles with the lounge manager.  He started laughing, commenting "GUESTS WOULD PREFER THE BOTTLED WATER TO ALL OTHER BEVERAGES HERE!!"

Platinum 28 Reviews

Let's all draw straws to see who gets to start the next rumor.

Here's a good one that should spread like a wildfire - I HEARD A RUMOR THAT MARRIOTT IS DOING AWAY WITH TOILET PAPER ON ALL FLOORS EXCEPT CL'S can anyone confirm this!!!

Good night from the Left Coast!

No confirmation of that however; strong rumor Marriott will start charging $15-$30 each time you use the key to enter your room, price varies by brand and property.  One good note is you can use points or CAT 1-4 Certs in place of cash.

Platinum 28 Reviews

IAHFLYR

I must admit that I was quite surprised to see misinformation disseminated by an important member that I look up to.

You knew (or should of) that CAT 1-4 Certs can no longer be used in place of cash.  They are only good now at Courtyards for free coffee before 6AM.

Shame on you Sir!!

Staying at JAX Marriott and there is plenty of bottled water.  However, we were told that they did try to discontinue the bottled water for two weeks in the CL, but resumed when the guests complained mightily.  I did buy a case of water at CVS for a whopping $2.99 just in case the well went dry on our trip.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...