1 2 3 7 Previous Next 99 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2016 1:17 PM by alisonqv RSS

Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott is starting a new promotion today called "Marriott Rewards - Plus Points".  Participants can earn up to 2,000 Marriott Points each month through November 8, 2014 by participating in social media applications like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Foursquare.

To get started visit this website to sign up:  www.marriottrewardspluspoints.com

Here is a chart of the points you can earn by participating:

pointsplus.JPG

The easiest way to accumulate points is to "Like" a page on Facebook or "Follow" an account on Twitter.  Each time you do so you would earn 250 points which is an easy way to earn the maximum 2,000 points per 30 days.  It should be noted only certain Marriott properties count for the promotion and here is a link to the ones that do count:  https://www.marriottrewardspluspoints.com/faq#q5

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points
    skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Saw this on Flyertalk thread:

"Marriott Rewards Plus Points will receive the following info: your public profile, friend list, email address, News Feed, relationships, relationship interests, birthday, notes, status updates, checkins, education history, events, groups, hometown, interests, current city, photos, questions, religious and political views, personal description and likes."

I'm not willing to give Marriott all that info.  OVMV.

Cheers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points
    highmaintenance13 Gold 3 Reviews

I'M thinking about signing up for this, but I hate that you have to give them so many permissions to your accounts.

• 3. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

You could always create an alias account on Facebook or Twitter which will only have the information that you are willing to share.  I know lots of people who do this to enter contests or play games.

Today I took a minute and "Liked" 3 properties on Facebook and got an email a few hours later confirming the additon of 250 points for each one to post to my account next week.  Pretty cool!

• 4. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

vaboywnder I may just do that. I use facebook for that purpose, I would just need to set up a twitter account. Thanks

• 5. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

You 're seriously saying with a straight face that folk should sign up for bogus accounts to get 250 points or so?  I might get it (maybe) for thousands of points and I mean many thousands,  bit for minimum points no freeking way. Obviously this is a YWMV situation. But when I'm asked  to be a guinea pig/market research person for Marriott I expect more in return.

Cheers

• 6. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

skiadcock,

You can earn 2,000 points per month easy just by "Liking" or "Following" 8 properties per month for 6 months which equates to 12,000 points. It only take a couple of minutes each month to do this.  I understand some folks have reservations with social media programs like Facebook and Twitter but for those who don't this is a great way to pick up some extra points with little effort.

• 7. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

I Tried to sign up with my Marriott number , but it says my account is not eligible.  I sent a message to the help desk

• 8. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

highmaintenance13,

That's odd...the only restriction I see is that you have to be at least 13 years old and have chosen to earn points instead of miles on your Marriott Rewards account.  Hopefully the Help Desk can assist you with this.  Let us know how it turns out.

• 9. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

I Will keep you posted.

Update:  So I called Marriott rewards line and talked to four people and noone had ever heard of the promotion.  I did finally get my account linked , but it says that my email address was not found, so none of my likes are counting.  The last person that I talked to was helpful after she finally asked someone for assistance.  She wants me to call back tomorrow because they believe that the system is overloaded. 

SO unless someone on here can assist with the email issue, I will repost tomorrow or once I am successful.

Message was edited by: highmaintenance13

• 10. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

As mentioned YVMV.  I think suggesting people sign up for bogus FB or Twitter accounts to avoid giving away private info to Marriott just to earn points in a promo is a bit much, but for those who are ok with doing so they should certainly go for it.  Not something I'm willing to do.

BTW - there's a thread in the Marriott forum on Flyertalk where they've created a wiki in the thread so that people know which properties are actually participating.  So some folk who are going to participate in the promo might want to check that out.

Cheers.

• 11. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

skiadock,

Maybe I'm getting old but I don't understand a couple of your acronyms "YVMV" and "OVMV".  I tried a Google search and couldn't find a relevant meaning for those.

My intended suggestion was that persons could use an "alias" name for a Facebook and/or Twitter account if they did not want to share too much personal information.  On Insiders we all have screen names which is like having alias where no one knows our real names.  I know lots of people who have alias names on Facebook for different reasons such as just keeping in touch with only family members and no one else and/or to play games and enter contests. 

I appreciate you mentioning Flyertalk as a reference to those who want to see which properties are participating in this promotion.  I also had posted a link with the same information in the original post.  Here is the link again: 

https://www.marriottrewardspluspoints.com/faq#q5

• 12. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points
    gasguy Platinum

Wonder why this was not mentioned in the community news?

• 13. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

gasguy,

I wondered the same thing.  It maybe that since we are currently in between Community Managers at the moment this promotion announcement may have been overlooked by Marriott on Insiders.  After I got word about it I definitely wanted to share the information.

• 14. Re: Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

YVMV - your view may vary

OVMV - others views may vary

1 2 3 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...