23 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2016 5:34 PM by greenit RSS

Lifetime points balance

nstraveler Platinum 14 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to be able to see my lifetime points accumulated on the Marriott website. The total room-nights over a lifetime are there but without the lifetime points number we can't track progress towards lifetime gold, platinum or silver. I can see no reason for this omission.

Also when I reach platinum each year, I think the hotel I'm at should send me a 10$ voucher for a coffee or something if I meet this landmark in their hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime points balance
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

ns,

You'll have to call Customer Service to get your lifetime points. Then you can track them yourself or just call back from time to time.

I'm in on your idea of the $10 credit!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

nstraveler, painedplatinum is right. It requires calling Guest Services to get your lifetime point balance. I agree it should be part of your profile for easy reference and this has been requested and spoken about many times on here but has yet to be implemented. Guest services would be happy to help you. I agree the $10 credit is a cool idea.

ansaa Member

Hello nstraveler,

As painedplatinum and ks77 have both pointed out you will need to call Guest Services to receive your Lifetime Point balance. We will certainly continue to pass along your suggestions of making it available online to our team. We will be happy to pass along the recognition idea ($10 gift card) as well. Thanks!

I just called for mine and they are going to start listing this on your file at some point. Apparently this is complicated?

rbmia Platinum

Adding your lifetime points to the website is a great idea. I see my Lifetime Status area on the site, and all I see is the total number of nights.  Why not add the users actual status and number of points so people can see how close they are to the next level?  I think that is a lot more cost effective than having people call for this information.

It turns out with 830 nights stayed I am only lifetime gold because of the number of points I have.  Not being able to see this only causes confusion.

mla4155 Platinum

So the Lifetime Status requires concurrent balances of total nights and current point balance?  I have 1397 total nights and 830,000 current points, so I'm a ???

erc Platinum

https://www.marriott.com/marriott/rewards/elite-benefits.mi

That chart above lays out the criteria. You currently (Marriott changes the standards every now and then) remain as a Platinum (unless you heard from Marriott that you are a Platinum Premier, which is a completely different discussion ); for lifetime status you need 750 nights, which, you of course, crush and two million points. Marriott dropped the number of years in the program criterion.

mla4155 Platinum

Actually, my rewards card status is "Platinum Premier Elite", which means... (sorry for being such rookie).

erc Platinum

Which means you can join in the ongoing discussion as to whether or not Platinum Premier offers anything more than Platinum

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/73659#73659

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/7692#7692

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/66892#66892

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/3265#3265

A couple of other observations - The points balance is for total points earned - ever. It's not a current 'running' balance***. With your number of nights and premier status (meaning hundreds of nights were within the past year, i.e. current room rates) which would have provided a multiplier effect, that's a relatively low points balance for that many nights (especially if you were using the Marriott credit card). Congratulations on apparently snagging some superb rates.

*** - if you are showing 830,000 points on your Account then that is your Current Balance. To get your lifetime balance, you must call Customer Service and they'll tell you the magic number of points you have earned over your Marriott relationship (which should be much closer to Lifetime status).  If it turns out you are over 2 million points earned, then you are a Lifetime Platinum, but since you are Platinum Premier, your status will be listed as that Platinum Premier - same goes for if you "drop" to Platinum, you would be listed as Platinum. You will be listed as Lifetime Platinum should you drop below the annual (75 nights) standard for Platinum.

And no, there currently is no Lifetime Platinum Premier. You have reached the Pinnacle Of Rewards Recognition - Congrats!

rbmia Platinum

Most likely you have no Lifetime Status.  You need to have both the nights and points to be "Lifetime" status, even though you must be Platinum anyway and also have enough in rollovers for the following year as well.

This is the same thing that the airlines are moving to for their normal yearly status.  Instead of just number or length of flights they are using how much you spend to assign status.  So if you have that many nights and such a low amount of points you are most likely staying at the hotels for very low rates.

mla4155 Platinum

Thanks for the clarification.  My points are low because I use them to buy nice presents for my family (great program benefit!!).

rbmia Platinum

That's a different story then (and the original reason for this discussion).

You need to have earned the number of nights and points listed in the link from erc, not have them currently available.  The site does not show you how many lifetime points you have earned, just nights stayed.  You may have earned 10 million points and already be Platinum for life. The only way to currently find out is to call Marriott Rewards.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

they incentivize through many different ways certainly staying at full service Marriott's and paying more but also thru the quarterly promotions for people staying a lot independent of fares and of course using the Marriott Chase card but you are right like airlines they give the most to people who spend the most which of course as a for profit company makes sense

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Great news! It should actually help agents. They won't have people constantly calling to inquire about their point balances.

greenit Platinum 4 Reviews

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on Account Overview & then click on 2014 Nights Detail (next year it would be 2015 Nights Detail - you get the idea).

Criteria for various Lifetime levels:

Lifetime Silver Elite:

250 qualified nights

1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite

500 qualified nights

1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite

750 qualified nights

2.0 million points

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi

I couldn't agree more. If we all call weekly for our balance, it will surely happen!

It's there is the Marriott website now. Go to the My account page and see beside your number of nights a call out that says Nights details, click on that and you can see your lifetime number of nights and points. @ million points and 1000 nights for lifetime platinum!

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews

Mine shows up too.  Go to overview and click on 2014 nights and it will show all activity along with lifetime points and lifetime nights.

Once you are lifetime silver they are displayed in a wee box at the end of the line with the number of nights you've stayed in the current year. This link gives you both he number of qualifying nights and the number of Marriott points you have ever collected.

No worries until you see this box you are not silver for life yet.

daoferret Gold

Dunno, seems a little broken.

When I click on the "Lifetime Status" link on the "My Account" I see 291 nights ... and 0 points.

:sigh:

One of these days maybe they'll fix things.

slpybear Silver

Same here.  I am hoping to get it fixed soon.

Pt78Elite Platinum

Same here. 293 Nights. 0 Points.

greenit Platinum 4 Reviews

IT IS ALIVE!  Total points is back online

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...