5 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2014 8:03 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Allow time to travel

nstraveler Platinum 14 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My best travel tip is to allow sufficient time not to be completely frazzled at the airport in lines and at customs. Don't be that super desperate person who needs to pass everyone in line because they slept in too late and planned poorly. It is disrespectful of others' time and creates an unnecessary disruption to everyone- including you.

Figure it out!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Allow time to travel
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great tip and one I always live by.  Leave early enough to allow for traffic, car trouble, full parking lot etc., in order to not be that guy who gets on the plane in the middle of winter with beads of sweat running down his face, coat in tow getting tangled up in his over sized roll-a-board and has lost his boarding pass between the top of the jetway and where he is standing abeam Row 1 curious where his seat is.......and he ends up being your seatmate!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

great point!

ansaa Member

This is a wonderful travel tip, nstraveler. Having been that person before (way back in the day when I was an inexperienced traveler) I can tell you it is not fun. I learned my lesson by the pure embarrassment and selfishness I felt in the airport that day!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

This also prevents drivers from taking reckless actions on the highways leading to the airport - you know, those that flip you the bird because they feel they are justified?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

great advice!  while I recall the good old days when you could arrive at an airport 15 minutes before scheduled departure, those days are over.  I try to arrive at the airport an hour before boarding begins for my flight.  That gives me 1 12 hours to get the security, grab a coffee, and relax. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...