1 2 3 9 Previous Next 124 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2014 4:33 PM by barrpat RSS

What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Now that the MR Getaway Bonus is out, share the details of your offer. Here's mine.

Earn up to 35,000 bonus points:

Register by July 31, 2014

Stay between June 1 and August 31, 2014

Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights, plus and additional 10,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, up to 35,000 bonus points.

What did you get?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

To earn up to 25,000 bonus points:

• Register by July 31, 2014
    • Stay between June 1 and August 31, 2014
    • Earn double points after your second paid stay*, up to 25,000 bonus points

And I probably will not make many points as I only have 1 stay during that timeframe unless I can get our vacation scheduled which is becoming a difficult task since work is killing me right now and definitely getting in the way of fun

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?
    TOtraveller Gold

i find this promo to be completely out of reach:

• 3. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?

I feel your pain madmax. My offer might be in reach, but just barely. I have 10 paid nights booked (including my trip to OKC). during the promotion period. Unless I call to change my offer or find 5 more nights, I'll be out of luck.

Five nights may be a stretch, but not impossible. I'll stick with what I have and see if I can make it happen.

• 4. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

I got nada.   Just as well, though, as I'd never score the bonus with those requirements.

So my question is this: Is it time to retire the Marriott Rewards Getaway Summer Bonus?

• 5. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I'm in the UK and I haven't got anything showing yet.

Did they email you, or what?  I haven't had an email, so I have looked in my promotions.

• 6. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?
    vickisocal Platinum

No need to panic, it is not even supposed to show up until 5 pm EST today. And if it doesn't, call, they will add it for you.

Is anyone clear on whether you get double points starting with your second stay, or starting with your third stay?

• 7. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?
    rlswider Platinum 7 Reviews

45000 Points for 25 Nights

• 8. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?

Nice.

Actually foxglove, I didn't get automatically registered for the Spring MegaBonus. I had to call MR customer service to get signed up. Give it a day or two and then call if nothing shows up. You should at least be able to get registered for the double points after the second stay offer.

• 9. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Yeah, I'll probably do that. But I know I won't be going anywhere in June. That's when we're starting a complete kitchen remodel, with everything (appliances, flooring, sheetrock, tiling, etc.) going on the Marriott Rewards card, so that may be our mega-points summertime megabonus.

• 10. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks.  I was wondering the very same as you about the double points question.  If it is starting eith the second stay, that will be great for me as I have a big booking in August.  But if it starts with the third, then I won't get anything as I will only be staying twice in the promo period.

• 11. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

What did I get..???

A bale of sorrow . My busiest hotel month this year is....(tada!)... MAY ... 12 nights booked, 5 nights stayed already. None qualify for any bonus as they're the wrong month!

So it's stay 1st June to 31st August, 35,000 points for 20 nights, another 10,000 if I can reach 25. Nice sums, and completely do-able 1st May to 31st July. As it is they might as well be asking me to eat my mother-in-law! A great idea, but alas I cant find the time.

So with only 1 night booked in June and 2 in July, whilst I'm sure that will change, I don't expect any more than 5 nights in each month and as I'm away in Disney with the family for all August I've no chance of swinging a night then.

Hmmm, can't get hotel points cos it's wrong timeframe and I'm spending a month on holiday.... Yeah, a real first-world problem... Time for a chill-pill methinks

• 12. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?

Would the double points after 2 stays offer work better for you?

In past promotions, many Insiders have called customer service to have their offer changed to one they could achieve. Might be worth considering.

• 13. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?
    deltadagger Silver 5 Reviews

Hi,

It is cheaper to buy points online than stay at Marriott. I would love to see 5X the points after one stay.

• 14. Re: What is your Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus (Summer 2014)?
    moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

Same for me. Quite a tall order me thinks!

1 2 3 9 Previous Next