10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2016 9:11 AM by carat RSS

How to get the Marriott Credit Card @ CHASE when you are not American?

cedricth Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

To open a Marriott Credit Card @ CHASE you need a social security number which you can not have if you are not working in the USA.

Anyone knows how can I get a Marriott Credit Card without social security number?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How to get the Marriott Credit Card @ CHASE when you are not American?
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Try contacting Chase directly.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ramoneur Platinum

Is this really the only way?

I am happy with my Dutch/European American Express card (accumulating air miles), but I am really interested in maximizing my stays at Marriott in combination with a credit card;

...is there no European/Dutch version of this card?

Jsucool76 Gold

Amex is really the king of international customers. They'll let you simply transfer your card from one country to another.

No other bank I know of does that, and there are only a few cards that don't require a SSN in order to apply for. You could attempt applying for the canadian version of the card, which isn't as good, but is still something.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey cedricth, great question! I looked into confirmation around this with our team and they also suggest contacting Chase directly. Hope everything works out!

ramoneur Platinum

...would this work for a Dutch guy as well?

I feel I am missing out somehow.

arjaie08 Gold

Hi lindseyh

do you know if anyone has had success in finding a way to get the Marriott rewards or Ritz Carlton Credit Card with out being an American or and American resident? I phoned Chase recently on the number suggested above with no luck

Jsucool76 Gold

Your answer will likely be a no. You'll need some sort of US address/residency to get the card.

Even if they were to allow you to open the card in the US while living in another country, chances are your lack of credit history in the US would prevent you from doing so.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

HI arjaie08.  Unfortunately at this time, the Marriott Rewards Credit Card is only available for US residents and members living in Canada.  Apologies for any frustration this has caused. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...