13 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2014 6:44 PM by kharada46 RSS

Birthday gift question

marauder Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How long does it take for the one night stay credit for your birthday to show up in your account? My birthday was a week ago, but I still don't see it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Birthday gift question
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Usually a week to ten days is enough. If you haven't seen it in a few more days, give customer service a call. They should be able get it to show up within a day.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Would the birthday gift of an Elite night credit show up as a credit under promotion or under nights stayed? I received my e-mail from Marriott April 19th but have yet to see the credit in my account.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

It is added to nights stayed.  So if you had 17 nights stayed, that would increase to 18.  It isn't a promotion night.

I think is does show up as a promotional night. Here is an image from my account earlier this year. If I remember correctly, the birthday night shows up on the line listed as Promotional.

Bonus.PNG

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Could this be different in different parts of the world?  I am absolutely positive that I got an extra night towards my status, not a promotional night.

I think we're talking about the same thing. The promotional night is just another night credit toward your elite status. We don't get an "free" night, it just shows up under promotional category under the total number of nights earned for the year.

I suppose it could show up in a different place, but during the years when I have earned the birthday credit (see one of my earlier posts as to why I didn't get one this year), that's where it appeared.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Oh, I see.  We were talking about the same thing, in the same language, but there is simply different phraseology on opposite sides of the pond.    Vive la difference!  Oops, that's another language altogether. 

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

joshm, I keep forgetting to contact MR, but I received an offer for my birthday back in March, but when I clicked on it, it said I had already redeemed it and the credit never posted to my account.  Could you assist please?  Thank you! 

Same thing happened to me kharada46. When I called customer service, I was told they gave me 2 birthday nights last year one in March and another in November (no idea why this happened). As such they won't give me one this year. I don't know if the same thing might have happened to you.

Even two years ago, I had to call before I had the elite night added to my account. I'm always glad to get an extra night credit, but for me, getting this one has always been a bit of a challenge.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

That's really odd bejacob... They should still give you one this year!  Wasn't your fault...

Ditto here kharada46.  When I clicked on it, it said I had already redeemed it.   Thanks bejacob, I seem to recall it showing up as a promotional night in the past. 

Just spoke with MR customer service.  She said there have been issues with the birthday elite night credit not showing up.  Told me it would be in my account after 24 hours. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...