8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2014 5:35 AM by kharada46 RSS

Marriott Rewards Premier Business Visa

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Saw an announcement on Facebook this morning for a new Marriott Rewards Premier Business Visa Signature Card.  Essentially, it's the exact same card as the consumer with the exact same offer and benefits.  The annual fee is slightly higher, though, at $99/annum.  However, if you have the consumer card, you are ineligible for the signup bonus...

Marriott Rewards Premier Business Visa Signature

This could be useful for those that have a use for it, and when coupled with the consumer card, could help you maintain status easier. 

The other day, the travel nerds pointed out enhanced features of the Ritz-Carlton Visa Signature card as well.  Now you get Gold Elite for the first year, and whenever you spend at least $10,000 on the card.  Spend $75,000 or more and you receive Platinum Elite status.  Oh, and the airline incidental credit has ben raised to $300/annum, making the annual fee a net $95/annum.  Oh, and a number of commenters have said that the Ritz-Carlton Visa's Elite statuses did apply to their Marriott Rewards account! 

Ritz-Carlton Visa Signature

• Re: Marriott Rewards Premier Business Visa
    rodrigst Platinum 5 Reviews

Can you hold both the consumer credit card and business card  - that would be 30 nights credit towards status each year? For those that want to mantain status in a low travel year this could be very helpful and worth the annual fee.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rodrigst, you sure can!  If maintaining gold is your only concern, though, and you put at least $40,000 a year on your credit card, you could also consider the JP Morgan (Chase) Ritz-Carlton Rewards card.  You receive automatic Gold status your first year and then Gold every year thereafter in which you spend $40,000 or more. 

But, I'm guessing like me, you'd prefer the night credits so the Marriott Business card would be the way to go  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kharada46 you read my mind - I want the nights credit now and in the future. The annual free (IMO) is worth the 15 night's credit, even though I use the consumer card for everything.

I totally agree rodrigst.  And, in fact, I'd even use the Marriott Business card to pay certain bills like cable & phone since you get double pts on those categories with that card.  More nights, more pts... can't go wrong! 

dgreen12 Platinum

I asked Chase about whether one could earn 30 nights elite credit by having both the business and personal cards.  Here's their reply:

The maximum elite night credits allowable to be issued

from Chase to your Marriott Rewards member number per year

is 15.

Thanks for the info dgreen12!  That's just awful...  I guess I won't be going that route then... I'll try to dig for a little more info to see if there's a work around though. 

Well - I also found out you need an actual registered business to get the business card.... I don't have that!  :-(

rodrigst,

Yup, you do.  But it isn't difficult or expensive to obtain one  

Though the benefit of having the card is questionable since there've been reports that Chase won't give you more than 15 EQNs/year. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...