2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2014 7:18 AM by vital_essentials RSS

Joint account with spouse

ofd4314 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a newly married Plantmium elite.  Is it possible for my wife to be added to my account?

She travels rarely for word and would like her to benefit from my(our??) status

Thanks

OFD4314

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Joint account with spouse
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

ofd4314,

Congrats on your recent marriage.

Under the T/C of Marriott Rewards in the Conditions of Enrollment it states "only individuals are eligible Rewards Program Membership" and it goes further under the Elite Membership General where it states "Benefits of Elite Membership are reserved for members only. 

Sorry to lay out the bad news, but unless those terms change it doesn't look like your wife will be able to reap the benefits, of course if you were to travel with her!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Joint account with spouse
    vital_essentials Platinum 13 Reviews

I know what the terms say but this is not how it happens.

I travel 200-250 nights a year in a Marriott. My wife is the card holder and I am the one who uses it. When I make the reservation, I change the name of the person staying in the hotel. When I arrive in a Marriott, I never have an issue with gaining points, getting upgrades, booking travel on the 800 number, etc.

Sometimes, the 800 number will give me grief but it is not a lot and I have never had a problem getting what I wanted.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...