47 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 4:29 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Air France to Paris!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Maybe it is just me!

The thought of taking an Air France 747 from Atlanta to Paris was something I had really been looking forward to.  The trip exceeded my expectations!

First was the wonderful Delta Lounge in Atlanta that featured a nice outdoor patio, and comped snacks and refreshments!

IMG_3931.JPG

75 degrees and a wonderful place to relax for a couple of hours!

IMG_3932.JPG

A spacious lounge that was two stories and had it's own "Quiet" area was a wonderful way to avoid the crowds in Atlanta!

IMG_3934.JPG

Walking up to board this beauty had not been an experience I have had in decades!

IMG_3935.JPG

Seats 1A and 1B are my favorites.  That's them on the front left.  The closet in front of them was a wonderful option to using overhead bins.  The seats went flat for a nice bed and one could actually sleep on AF!

IMG_3936.jpg

Nothing like an appetizer as you enjoy a funny movie!  Watching Ben Stiller a remake of a Danny Kaye movie!

IMG_3937.jpg

The filet was done to perfection and Shirley MacLaine was funny in the movie as well!

IMG_3938.JPG

With three windows to enjoy the approach into CDG, it was a beautiful sight.

IMG_3940.JPG

The hotel Concierges had arranged for Ian to greet us, and Lady Coin, welcomed his fine help.  He "Wisked" us thru Customs, grabbed our bags and walked out to our beautiful car and headed directly to the AdT!

IMG_3941.JPG

We are happy "Campers" as we leave CDG for The Ren. AdT!

IMG_3942.JPG

A short walk outside, Ian and Philiipe load the bags and Voila' we are out of CDG in no time!

IMG_3943.JPG

This one's for you KH B732 @ HNL!  (Some day I'll share our souvenirs from The Concorde) in another story)

IMG_3950.JPG

When a professional staff like this, Mael, Chloe, and Antoine, "Greet you" you know you are in "Great hands"!    How does it get better?  Well it does!

IMG_3948.JPG

Thomas, is so helpful!  Takes us to our room adorned with fresh flowers and Lauduree cookies.  Champaign is on the way!

IMG_3945.JPG

The room has a patio with a view of The Eiffel Tower and a very close AdT!  The view is really wonderful at night!

IMG_3952.JPG

The "City of Lights" is just that!  Great start of the trip!

Do you have anything you would like to share?  if so please do!  Hope to have more for you thru the week!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
  • Re: Air France to Paris!
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

jerrycoin,

Superb!  You did fly in First!  Looks like an amazing time so far.  I especially love the view from your room at the Ren.  The Delta lounge seems like an AvGeek's dream too... You really now how to live my friend! 

I look forward to you sharing more about Concorde  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kh,

Yes, it was first!  However the configuration of the 747 has changed so much, since the last time I was on one.  When I got on I saw people going "Upstairs", when I asked what was up there, I was told more "Coach seats".  They used to have a lounge up there, but those days were long gone on this 747.

I can't recall a more comfortable flight in a long time.  They served superb wines and food as well.  Will be taking another one home on Saturday, so hope to have more on the 747 experience.

BTW, I do have some Concorde "Goodies" to photograph and share that are sitting on my desk.  Likewise, I have them next to some "Space Memorabilia" that will be headed your way next week!

Just for the record, here is how the 747 looked from my seat upon departing.  Note, the stairway is just behind the wall.

IMG_3939.JPG

I don't think some folks wanted to get off!  I don't blame them.

jerrycoin, awesome!  Now you'll need to get a first class ticket on AF's A380's and review that  

Can't wait to see more! 

kh,

What is the difference between a A380 and a 747-400?

jerrycoin, check out this review (below) for a great pictorial review of AF's A380.  It's very nice! 

http://boardingarea.com/onemileatatime/2013/12/21/review-air-france-a380-first-class-los-angeles-to-paris/

KH,

Thanks!

Will review when I get back from shopping!

Beautiful Day here!  Soaking up the sunshine!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Looks like a pretty nice trip and accommodations right from the outside AV Geek deck in ATL to the 1A/B seats and continuing all the way to the Ren and the excellent room.  You and Mrs. Coin have a splendid time and can't wait to read more of your travels.

kh,

Great informations, Thank-you! 

Could have put these posts on "A G U", but thought it would be too much to add, and I still have a return flight to "Add" to the experience.

Hope it cools off for you!

Aloha

Great review, interesting the difference from the AF 388 and LH 388.  LH has both FC and Business in the upper deck.

IAHFLYR,

It sure surprised me that FC was on the lover level.  It was nice boarding and exiting.  That flight from LAX-CDG is surprisingly short considering the distance.  That would be a wonderful trip to experience!.

Good Grilling in Houston!

jerrycoin

You have inspired me to write about my own flight to Paris, coming soon to my blog! 

Speaking of LAX-CDG, did any of you see this?  Watch Rise of the Machines Full Episodes & Videos Online - HISTORY.com  The particular episode I linked in this post follows an A380 and her crew on the LAX-CDG service.  For some reason, the show irked me a little and even seemed a little inaccurate, but it's still worth a watch! 

Indeed IAHFLYR.  Some airlines prefer to have FC on the lower deck because of the additional space, while others like all premium upstairs because it can be made more private and is supposedly quieter. 

Since we're talking about comparing A380 FC, get ready for some overload! 

Qantas A380 FC SYD-SIN

Qantas A380 FC SIN-LHR

Lufthansa A380 FC FRA-NRT

Emirates A380 FC LHR-DXB

Singapore A380 Suite Class SFO-HKG

Malaysia Airlines A380 FC LHR-KUL

Thai Airways A380 FC NRT-BKK

Air France A380 FC LAX-CDG

British Airways A380 FC LHR-LAX

China Southern A380 FC LAX-CAN

Korean Air A380 FC ICN-LAX

This guy is insane!  He's flown EVERY A380 service offered to date!  He intend to sample every single airline's A380 product as they become available.  I believe first entries into service this year include Etihad, Qatar, Asiana, and Skymark.  Don't know if he'll tryout Skymark, but we'll see. 

Had to include 2 reviews of QF A380s for pluto77 to show the difference between AM and PM service  

KH B732 @ HNL,

This guy has to be related to bejacob!

It takes a lot of "Willpower, plus" to even attempt what guys like this actually do!

I am really looking forward to hearing about bejacob's experiences in person on Sunday!

jerrycoin, no kidding! 

By the way jerrycoin, IAHFLYR & pluto77,

This is Etihad's new A380 interior...

Etihad Blow Competition Out The Water With Reimagined Experience | DesignAir

That is just over-the-top awesomeness!!

kh,

I think I heard on the news here that the cost of that First Class Cabin is $2500 per hour!  Maybe you know just how much the actual cost is, but I would not be surprised if the cost is not even higher!

jerrycoin,

Sounds about right!  I heard initial route from LHR-AUH is going to run about $20,000-$25,000 each way. 

Did you see Air France's newly unveiled First Class product?  It'll deployed on all their Boeing 777-300ERs

Air France Unveils New First Class Suite | Airchive

kh,

Thanks for sharing!

Dad not seen any of this!  Just hope I can make it into the AF "FC" lounge at CDG!  If so, will get some photo's and hope to get more info. on 777's.  The best I can do out of ATL at this time is 777-200, but will take it~

Sounds good jerrycoin!  We'll turn you into an AvGeek yet! 

kh,

I am already a "Geek", but have not "Earned my stripes" on the AV part!

LOL!  We'll work on that jerrycoin   

kh,

"Be careful what you wish for"!

I can't keep these planes straight!

jerrycoin,

Perhaps you should lower your dosage of "medicine"? 

kh,

Maybe that's my problem!

Just thought of it, "I can't identify something, I can't see because of my med's"!

I will have to again seek a new Dr.!

We'll help you keep the planes straight jerrycoin, keep the dosage at current levels or slightly above!!!!

IAHFLYR,

How do I keep my "Dosage down" when I spent the day in Champagne country!  It was an "Ultimate" test, and again, I failed!

Tonight, I will have to "Celebrate, another failure"!

At least I am consistent!

Champagne country allows for a rise in dosages, most likely to a much higher MG!!

IAHFLYR,

My Dr. has finally come thru!

Found the "Villain" that is behind my medical "imbalance", it is non other than:

IMG_4086.jpg

I am really starting to have my doubts about my "Masters" teachings!

It seems like I need extra "Aspirin" when I try to support his ways!

Now you're talking, keep on keeping on!

IAHFLYR,

That Dom P. really upsets me!

If he were around today, I would give him a piece of my mind and never touch Moet Chandon, but settle for,

IMG_4057.JPG

This photo would upset Dom, but a "Man has to do, what he has to do, to survive"!

Great writing and pictures, keep them coming.

IAHFLYR,

Thanks for your encouragement!

Let's see if I can find a little something:IMG_4027.JPG

I enjoyed getting this picture from the back seat of The Cathedral at Reims, as we approached it.  It is a stunning place!

IMG_4058.jpg

The young grapes, "Growing up for us to enjoy"!  Here's one of the many Moet & Chandon plots!  Makes me "Thirsty" just looking at miles of these plots.  So, soo, many grapes, and so, soo little time, to enjoy!

Lovely countryside and even from the backseat the Cathedral is impressive.

Have a safe trip home.

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Great photos, looked like lovely meals!  I'm glad you didn't crop out the medicine.    I wish you and Mrs. Coin a safe and memorable trip -- it seems to be wonderful right from the get-go!

Sledchick,

Thank-you!

We may see you later this year!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Jerry,

Off to a superb beginning, I see.  Everything looks just perfect, right down to the good weather and all of the finer finishing touches.  Enjoy!!

P.S.  Did you get a chance to look at the link that kharada posted on the AGU thread regarding Air France's 1st Class lounge at CDG?  You must get to the airport early on the way back so you can enjoy it.  I tend to over-use the word 'amazing,' but the lounge looks - amazing!

pluto,

Thanks for your suggestion!

However, they have already told me that since I have a FC ticket from Delta, I will NOT be allowed to use the AF 1st Class Lounge at CDG.

Will verify on Saturday?

lol!  jerrycoin I see why you can't see.  Will you know visit the red medicine region?   

kh,

I really hate to do it!

But if I don't visit the red medicine region, I may never get over this constant "Cold"!  I have had this one for years, and it's going to take a lot of time to "Recover" according to my Dr! 

Can't stand that Dr. but she does "Lay the law down", so I must follow her directions.

"Red Medicine"it is!

lol!  So long as you make a detailed record of you visit and dosages  

kh,

You would be very proud of the detailed records of my purchases and dosages!

It's called a "Bar Tab", by some but I like your description!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

jerry

what a fantastic thread!  thanks so much for sharing with us the way to do a Paris trip!  keep em coming, I really like your style!

shoeman

shoe,

Thank-you!

good to hear from you!

Leaving Paris today, and going to "Take it up a notch"!  Headed for Washington, Mo!  Going from the "City of Lights" to the "City of Flags"!

If you want any special photo's from Washington, let me know! 

Take care!

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Good thread. Unfortunately, seats 1A/B on AF 747's aren't the "true" 1 A/B as found on other carriers. The real 1 A/B seats are at the first window on the 747 and afford a unique forward looking view that nobody on any other aircraft get to take advantage of. Air France has some kind of compartment up front which consumes the first two windows.

mikiegfla,

Exactly right!

There was a nice compartment that stored bags and coats.  It was very nice.

IMG_3935.JPG

You can see the "Closet" in the center of the picture.  The seats were still very nice!

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

The nerve of them to place a closet in the most unique passenger space in the entire sky.

mikiegfla,

Maybe the two seats were in too much demand?  I don't have any idea, but maybe some MRI may know.

Thanks for sharing, I really had never thought of this, but you make a great point.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...