10 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2014 6:02 PM by iahflyr RSS

Sugar Spiced Salmon on the BBQ

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

salmon.jpg

Sometimes we do it in the oven, tonight since it is over 90 degrees outside we'll BBQ it.  This is the recipe from Pacifica Restaurant in Palm Desert CA, on El Paseo.

The ingredients, which will serve 8, are:

SUGAR SPICE

1/2 cup sugar

1 teaspoon dry mustard

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon paprika

2 teaspoons cocoa powder

1/2 cup chili powder

4 tablespoons ground cumin

1 tablespoon ground black pepper

3 tablespoons kosher salt

SALMON

3 tablespoons olive oil

8 (6-ounce) salmon filets

Mustard Sauce (I used a little Dijon cut with a little brown for this one)

For the Sugar Spice: Combine all Sugar Spice ingredients in a bowl and mix well. (The recipe here makes enough Sugar Spice to coat 15 to 20 (6-ounce) salmon filets. Put leftover mix in an airtight container and store in a cool, dark place.)

For the salmon: Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Liberally coat one side of each salmon filet with Sugar Spice. Sear the filets for about 2 minutes, then turn over and finish cooking the filets to desired doneness. Drizzle Mustard Sauce over the filets and serve immediately. Or do it on the Barbie.

At the restaurant this is a $30 dollar entree, but worth it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Sugar Spiced Salmon on the BBQ
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Great photo and recipe!

This would be an item that I would split with someone, and then enjoy a nice Grgich Hills Chard!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

We paired it with an Oregon Pinot Noir, actually.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Wow, that's a great choice!

Keep the photo's and posts coming!  I am reading your first book!  Thanks for all!

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

As soon as I can figure out how to post pics I will share my outdoor pride and joy, a 3x6 smoker we built in which we smoke whole pigs.

good idea and great food too

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Come on Shack, you can do it....want to see the pig smoker from out in the hill country!!

That looks exactly like what we had last evening except for the fact it wasn't in a sugar spice rub, I'm making your recipe next week as it sounds very yummy and looks even better.

We serve it with little green beans sauteed in butter and garlic mashed potatoes.

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

image.jpgSorry that about the quality but this is my first pic post. I will try to add better quality pics of the entire smoker.  My sons i I built this monster from scratch.image.jpg

That looks like quite the beast alright, more more more please!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...