16 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2014 8:56 AM by tommo781 RSS

How do I email any hotel?

Diego777 Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I've begun to do some international travel with my company, and am getting really tired of having to contact reservations or Skype call the particular hotel's location to inquire on certain things.

How can we access their concierge or hotel via email? This seems to be one big draw back from doing business with Marriott. Are there any plans in the works to allow this, or, even a portion of the "contact us" tab on the main page that will allow us to select a particular property and then await their reply?

Thank you for your help!

diego777

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How do I email any hotel?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Welcome to Insiders Diego777,

You ask a great question and one that I'm sure our MI folks such as NathalieF, The specified item was not found., ansaa, or merb will be able to steer you in the right direction.

Share with us some of your travel experiences as this is a wonderful spot to learn from many fine folks who share their experiences and knowledge.  Hope to see more of you in the future.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Over in the More Like This column in Orange is the post - Where do you find email addresses?

Since 2012, when pluto provided the best technique so far (calling and asking), I have been limited to that technique (although The specified item was not found. did a great job of tracking down some for me - but that would overload the system)

Your suggestion is one that many of us have wondered about - as in, Why not?

Now, all those folks mentioned above NathalieF et al, What's the latest on this? Do you hear of any plans to add like Diego777 suggests a Contact Us link?  Is there anything newer, more efficient then the two year old technique (which does work) below?  As Marriott pushes more and more policy interpretations down to the property level forcing us to interact more and more individually with the properties, a link would sure be a useful asset - thanks.

pluto's 2012 useful suggestion

Hi kroywen,

For email address contacts at hotel properties, I have always contacted Marriott Rewards Customer Support at:

United States/Canada

1 801 468 4000 (8:15am - 9:00pm, Monday - Friday, US Eastern time)

and asked them for the concierge email address, and they have always given me one.  Further, I have always received a response to my emails (recently, I received a response from the GM at a property), and coincidentally, all of my email correspondence has been with properties in Europe, and they all have written back in English.  So far, I am 5 for 5.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I have to agree with the other posts. I find the best way is to either ask MR customer service via the contact us submittion page.

ansaa Member

Hello Diego777,

As IAHFLYR has already stated, welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders community! We are happy to have you here with us.

In terms of your question, hotel email addresses are not currently available on Marriott.com. We will certainly share this suggestion with our web development team. We are happy to provide you with the email address for a specific property if you would like. In the event that you need additional hotel email addresses, please submit your request via the following webpage: https://www.marriott.com/marriott/contact.mi and our team will respond to you with the requested email address. You can also request an email address through any of our communication mediums: Marriott Rewards Insiders, Facebook, Reservations Phone Line.

Hope this helps!

Diego777 Silver 1 Reviews

Thanks for all your input!

Honestly, that takes up quite a bit of time to go from contacting support to getting a reply, to then re-submitting an email. I don't see how it'd be too hard to just have a quick line on each hotel's webpage that allows on to contact them.

Example, it took me a week and a visit to a JW Marriott (with a 20 minute wait) to get the email address to Sydney Circular Quay Hotel, Australia. While I fully understand the technology development behind it, once implemented it'll increase the customer satisfaction and options. As well as decrease call volume on your reservation lines thus saving the company manpower and resources.

Just my 2 cents

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

It is a bit late unless you revisit a hotel I know, but when I go to a Marriott, I always ask for the business card of the Guest Relations Manager.  Then if I need to go again I have his/her email address to hand.  But I agree, this should not be necessary.  The email address should be on the web site.

ansaa Member

We definitely hear you, Diego777! We will pass along all of your suggestions to our team. Thank you!

erc Platinum

ansaa

And The Team reacts:

bored-audience

Thank you for the kind offer of you, merb and The specified item was not found. providing contacts (josh already superbly covered me in Benelux), we'll all keep that in mind as a special Insiders benefit.

Remember, when we call customer service (who are good when you eventually get to them), you:

1) must first guess what their hours are (don't work weekends and are on 'Bearcat' time)

2) 9 out of 10 times, must go thru a robot first, who screens you 2 or 3 times finally giving up by asking your Rewards Number (which is fine, because it sends Plats to Plats, but why then must we give it to the human? some high tech system that is)

So my gameplan is to take you up on your generous offer; or if really in a bind, place a DM to jerrycoin and have him dip into his personal list of 387 concierges around the world .

The amazing high tech system usually gets me to the humanoid in less than the normal screening time, just keep hitting 0 and it overloads the system.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I remember about 8-10 years ago I used to receive a business card of the Manager on Duty or the General Manager of the Hotel at most properties along with my platinum arrival gift.  I was staying at mostly Courtyards in the Northern VA area then and was getting the Milano Cookies and Bottled Water as welcome gifts. It was nice having the manager's contact information.  I made use of it a couple of times by sending emails to a manager when I had questions or a special request about an upcoming stay.  I thought it was always a nice touch and miss that benefit.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I would love a hyperlink for e-mail on each and every hotel search performed via Marriott.com.

As an alternative, I would be happy to have an "info@URL of hotel" that would work for all venues. 99% of the time, I can find the venue's specific URL (by using a search engine with the hotel/address) and if the "info@" was consistent throughout all venues, I could live with that until the web site starts hyperlink-ing. Unfortunately many venues are franchised and the URL becomes inconsistent. So I call the desk, get the GM's address.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Personally, I don't see why the email can't be on each hotel's website.  It is for other hotels, so why not Marriott?

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

I agree with this.  Even if, as suggested above, it's something as simple as info@(fillintheblankproperty).  I was in Vienna, Austria, a couple of years ago on a mixed chain (Marriott/Hilton) stay.  I had a question for the Vienna Hilton property & was able to click on the contact us, which was basically an info@email.  I heard back from them pretty quickly.  I didn't have that option on the Marriott property in Vienna that I was staying at.

If someone is willing to call a property & ask for the name of the GM or hotel manager or front desk supervisor, Marriott's email nomenclaturate is first name dot last name at marriott dot com.

Cheers.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks for that skiadock.  I agree we can call the hotel to get a name, and at the moment that is the best thing we can do.  But why should we have to do that when putting an email address on the website would help everybody?  And of course, we would have to ring EVERY time.  The managers/supervisors change.  I fell foul of that when I had an email address for a very helpful manager at one hotel, he left suddenly (which of course I didn't know) and my emails went unanswered, as no-one was picking them up after he went!

The info@(hotel) is by far the best suggestion and would work for everyone.  Come on Marriott, this is the 21st century!

Come on, don't tell Marriott what century this actually is!!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Oops!  mea culpa. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...