3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2014 12:34 PM by tef6178 RSS

Tavern on the Green Reopens this week

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Best wishes to a NY/Central Park Landmark - sure there's some great Insiders stories from "once upon a time"

Tavern on the Green reopens with bucolic styling, modern menu - NY Daily News

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Tavern on the Green Reopens this week
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erc,

Thanks for sharing this information with us!

Had no idea it was re-opening, and yes, I did have some wonderful times there.  It was always so crowded, but in the early 80's the dining was memorable.  The head of public relations there was a friend, Jayne L., she would take good care of you while in NYC.  Took me to "The Quilted Giraffe" and "Brooklyn Cafe" as well.  She had friends all over town and could really show one a great time.

Hope the place makes it this time, but it will be an "Uphill battle"!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great news, thanks for letting us know as I'm with Jerry and had no idea they were even thinking of re-opening that gorgeous historical spot in Central Park.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

erc:

Thanks for the heads up! Had no idea they were coming back in the game. A great spot for sure and now it's returning. Hopefully bringing back the service and fun of yore....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...