8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2014 3:33 PM by GABill RSS

Turning Down

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well much as I hate to admit it I just turned down the Presidential Suite here at the Copley Place Marriott. We started out for a week's stay at the hotel in an Executive Suite, which happened to be on the top (38th) floor.  The first night our daughter, the Marathoner, complained that there was someone jack-hammering outside the room at ground level. The noise started at 9pm she said and went until 1 am. Two nights we listened and mentioned it to management. One option was to move across the hall to the Presidential Suite, away from the noise. OK except that the P Suite does not have a bed in it. It is normally rented with one or two bedrooms that connect, both of which were already taken.

So for the first and last time in my stay history I turned down the Presidential Suite.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
  • Re: Turning Down
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Great story!

Most of would have done the same thing!

Who was that great person that said, "Give me peace"!

Especially when it comes to a hotel room.  I still thank KH B732 @ HNL for "Bailing me out" at the Grand Flora in Rome.  They thought they were giving me a special room, it was, until 5 am on Monday morning.  I thought I was "Sleeping on the back of a motorcycle" it was so loud!

Hope you get another chance at a PS, I have only enjoyed one!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I've been to one as well at Fairview Park Marriott in Virginia.

Yes, much as I never have taken an accessible room (not because I felt they were bigger but that I did not want to remove it from the inventory) I have often asked to be moved.

anadyr,

How is the room, and is the family and you ready for Monday?

Good and yes we are ready, daughter is working the Expo tomorrow, has a Marathom meeting

Sunday and the race is Monday

anadyr,

Enjoy the room and time in Boston!

Please keep us informed about your stay in Boston!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I got upgraded to the Presidential Suite once at the Marriott Madison West in Wisconsin when there for a work conference. The room was really nice and had a large living room and dining room area.  There was also a large spa tub in the bedroom area. I thought it was funny because my supervisor (non platinum) was also attending the conference just got a regular room.

vaboywnder,

Thanks for sharing, that is a wonderful story!

GABill Platinum

I too once turned down a pres suite (I had already stayed in it twice though). In my case, it was in the Chicago Miracle Mile Marriott; and my reason was that it was just too large for me alone. The suite was over 2,000 sq ft, and included a dining area for eight, three conversation pits, two large screen TVs, a grand (player) piano, and a full-size kitchen. The bedroom for me (and another for the bodyguards) were separate rooms with their own entrances.

Incidentally, this hotel has several other types of suites, of which my favorite was the two-floor Governors suite.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...