5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2014 7:48 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Manhattan??

waltepa Member
Currently Being Moderated

Is the Marriott Marquis the best Marriott in NYC for a wkend getaway??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
  • Re: Manhattan??
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Waltepa

that is a complicated question!  I, along with others, would love to guide you, but would need several pieces of information to provide informed suggestions.  Fort example, are you traveling with someone?  Either way, what interests do you have?  Broadway plays?  Good eating?  Happening nightspots?  Cultural spots, i.e.. museums?  Iconic tourist spots, ie. Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, etc?  Will you be driving or cabbing?

that's a good start…...

shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

waltepa,

I would be glad to share with you that I say, "NO"!  there are so many places that Marriott has that are better.

The Ren. Times Square, CY S. Times Square, and others are so much better.

this is just my opinion!

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Assuming you're paying for hotel room, the Marriott East at Lexington and 48th is one of the least expensive ($280), and convenient to Rockefeller Center, 5th Ave. stores, etc. I would avoid the Marriott hotels near theater district and Times Square (too busy and noisy), in my opinion.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

So many options...  Agreed that the Times Square Renaissance is worth a look (if you can get a decent price) as is the East Side...  My spouse's favorite, and, arguably, a best kept secret (and, often, bargain) if you can live with a smaller room, is the Renaissance Hotel 57.  Huge data dump here: NYC - Market Pricing - really worth scrolling through for lots of experience/insights....

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ssindc

your spouse is spot on.  I love the Renaissance hotel 57.  I stay there about 25-30 nights a year.  Rooms are tiny, but…...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...