4 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2014 12:06 PM by walksoftly RSS

Nomination for Spirit to Serve Award

walksoftly Gold 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to nominate Chinh, who works mornings in the Executive Lounge at the Vienna Marriott Hotel, for a Spirit to Serve Award.

During my family's recent stay at the Vienna Marriott Hotel, we had the pleasure to meet Chinh.  Every morning for 6 days we were greeted by Chinh, with her warm and delightful smile, and this provided a wonderful start to our day.  When we arrived very early at the hotel on the first day of our stay and waited in the lounge for our room, Chinh looked after us, bringing my wife and I coffee and making sure that we were comfortable.  One morning, when my daughter's favorite pastry treat was no longer available in the lounge, Chinh asked her what she was couldn't find -- and at her initiative went to the breakfast restaurant downstairs to bring a variety of pastries so that my daughter could choose something that she liked.

Chinh consistently made us feel at home in the lounge and, in the opinion of all of the members of our family, she exemplifies the kind of personal service and concern that is in the best spirit of the Marriott vision.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Vienna, Austria Marriott Hotels & Resorts Vienna Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Nomination for Spirit to Serve Award
    laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, walksoftly, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hi Laurac,

Thank you for your response.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, Thank you again for helping to acknowledge this associate and their outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, this associate has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to hear that they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.

laurac

Thank you so much for updating me about the good news that Chinh was selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve Award.  She truly is deserving of this honor.  I hope that on the occasion of her receipt of this prestigious award, Chinh will also be shown the letter of nomination that I sent on her behalf.

As an anecdote, I was talking with my wife today about having nominated Chinh for the award.  My wife, who also thought that Chinh was deserving of the award, asked me if Marriott really took into consideration nominations that were sent by hotel guests.  Now I can give her a definite answer:  Yes.

It is an impressive part of the Marriott corporate culture that Marriott (including its awards committee) listens to and takes so seriously the comments and recommendations that are sent to it by their hotel guests. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...