5 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2014 8:43 AM by walksoftly RSS

Marriott Credit Card Bonus Nights

ramblingamblinman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I am new to this so I hope this isn't a foolish question, but I am confused about how bonus nights are calculated from my credit card. I understand I receive 1 bonus night for every $3000 spent on my card. If I add up all my charges for this year and additional bonuses for money spent at Marriott, restaurants, etc... I show a total of $52,029. By my calculations I think I should have 17 bonus nights but my report only shows 10. What am I missing?

Thanks for any answers,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Credit Card Bonus Nights
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

ramblingamblinman,

Hello and welcome to Insiders!  There are no foolish questions here.   With the Chase Marriott Rewards Credit Card you do earn one elite night credit towards renewing your Marriott Rewards Status each time you spend $3,000 on your credit card.   When you log into your Marriott rewards account you should see a breakdown of your account activity like this:

MRaccount.JPG

So from the example above it shows I have stayed 6 paid nights, received 1 Promotional Elite night credit (Birthday), and 16 Elite night Credits from the Rewards Credit Card.  Each year Chase awards it's Premier Card holders 15 Elite Night credits and the additional 1 night credit came from Credit Card Spending.  So in all I so far have 23 Elite night Credits towards renewing my status for the year.

It does take time for Chase to post the Elite night credits to your Marriott Rewards account once you spend the $3,000 on your account.  If your spending was a while back you may want to call Chase and inquire about your Elite night Credits posting to your account.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

acsteel Silver

Hi ramblingamblinman

Also you might want to consider when the start date and the end date of that calculation is made. I'm not sure when Marriott considers the bonus nights from spending, but it may reset every new year(or whenever is their fiscal reset date) and not exactly from when you had the card. Let us know what the rep tells you.

ansaa Member

Hello ramblingamblinman,

Welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders community. We appreciate you joining us and look forward to your future discussions. When you have time, I would encourage you to explore our Getting Started Guide to better help acquaint yourself with this site.

In regards to your question, as vaboywnder and acsteel have shared, points can often take up to the next billing cycle before being reflected in your account. If they are still not up to date, please reach out to the Chase Credit Card team directly and they should be able to better assist you.

Myself (ansaa), merb, The specified item was not found. or communitymanager are the moderation team on this site, please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns you may have. Thanks!

spoonplugger Platinum

Actual dollars spent ... not including bonuses for elite calculations if I'm not mistaken.

10 points per 1 dollar spent at Marriott plus silver or gold or platinum bonuses and 5 points on the MR credit card equals your total MR's for that stay. Total 17, 17.5 or 20 points respectively. But, elite calculations ignore bonuses.

Hope this helps,

Jerry

walksoftly Gold 4 Reviews

ramblingamblinman you may want to look at the following thread, which recently clarified the way in which Elite Bonus Night Credits are transferred to your Marriott account from Marriott Credit Card purchases.

The specified item was not found.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...