4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2014 4:23 PM by brightlybob RSS

Anyone tried same day booking app from Hotel Tonight?

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Same-day booking app HotelTonight predicts the future too - CNET

As I fall further and further behind in the lodging technology game, I realize that even I, the long haired, overfed, leaping gnome of a Luddite might have to jump on the bandwagon with at least some of the latest gadgets. This is a three year old app, that now that the big boys like Priceline and Expedia have gotten into the same day booking deal, have now gone to predicting where deals will be. Currently on I-phone (and others state it's also available on Android).

Have any of you more up to date Insiders had any experience with this app or anything similar? If so (or not), what are your thoughts? Does Marriott play with these guys?  I can only learn a handful of new things, so I must choose carefully. Thank you for your insights.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Anyone tried same day booking app from Hotel Tonight?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Hey you overfed long hair, is "app" short for application and if so where do you get one?

I prefer to have a small number of those things on my Droid so have only apps that I use frequently such as Maps in order to help me find my way home from places I hardly ever visit like the airport, golf course or the "pharmacy" when I restock my "meds".

Actually I will occasionally use the Marriott, UA, and Avis apps and that's about it, so I'll be interested in what other Insiders use and their findings.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I've always have been uneasy about using the those type of applications as your hotel room type is not guaranteed and your receive no points or perks for your stay.  I have however used Priceline many times to get deals on rental cars.

erc Platinum

Perfect. That's good enough for me, thanks for the insight. I can now continue to invest my time in old school hunting through my good pal, the Marriott.com pricing grid. 

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Nope, and have no plans to do so!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...