2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2014 5:53 PM by anadyr RSS

Working Dogs on the MBTA

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Had a long chat with the handler, Arlane Thibodeau,  of a working bomb dog on the MBTA's Green Line tonight. The dog, who was working in Afghanistan, was severely wounded by an IED,and then Med-evaced then rehabbed. The transit police took him, he's five years old, a black lab, and very friendly.  His MO in combat was to sit down if he smelled explosives and remain silent.

His handler is a female ex-Marine with two tours over there. She brought him into the transit police K-9 corps.  He name is Shifty and he is far from being a nervous dog.  Both she and he will be working Monday, Marathon Day, and keeping us all safe.

Shifty.jpg

We are so blessed to have folks like this keeping us safe.

I had called him Shakey in the first version of this post, sorry Shifty!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
  • Re: Working Dogs on the MBTA
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great story, good to hear Shakey is alive and well.  If you see Shakey again give him and her a big hug from an old Army guy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Working Dogs on the MBTA
      Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Will do.  He's a great dog! And when I got the name straight I realized it was Shifty not Shaky!  Sorry for the confusion.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...