3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2014 1:57 PM by pluto77 RSS

Getting to Universal Studios Hollywood, CA from the right hotel

girlsclub Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I will be in the Los Angeles area for 2 days and will be visiting Universal Studios. Can anyone recommend a category 4 hotel that will be the most convienent as far as less traffic getting to Universal at 8 in the AM?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Getting to Universal Studios Hollywood, CA from the right hotel
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Girlsclub,

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad tidings, but this is a really tough question that you pose, as rush hour traffic in LA is just plain bad.  The specified item was not found. is correct that Woodland Hills is your closest option, but at 8am, you'll just have to know to expect traffic, especially since you're heading towards LA, not away from it.  Even 15-20 miles on the freeway can take a long time at a stop and go pace.  Just plan to give yourself plenty of time.  Grab a Starbucks for the car, make sure you've used the bathroom before you get behind the wheel, and then settle in.

If you can swing a Cat. 5 property, I would recommend the Burbank Courtyard, and then you could just take surface streets.  Much better.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Having visited the Hollywood area and Universal Studios many times over the last 12 years I would have to agree with Pluto on the Burbank Courtyard which is a category 5 property.  The Burbank Marriott is also a very good choice but its a category 6 property.  The nice thing about both of these properties is that you can avoid the freeways which are always backed up with Rush Hour traffic and take Olive Avenue instead.  It's about a 6 mile commute and not that bad even in rush hour. 

girlsclub Gold

Thank you for the advice! As I have two free nights for a category 4 hotel, I will take joshm''s advice.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...