6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2014 4:21 PM by brightlybob RSS

Using the free night, how to go about

acsteel Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Marriott Gurus,

When you redeem your annual free night from the Marriott Premier for a category 1-5 or the free night for a category 1-4 when you first get the Premier, is it possible to just go in day of and hand your card and they will be able to get your information or is it a must for example that you print something out? What has been your experiences? I'm just wondering in case on a whim I was out somewhere and I wanted to use it randomly, thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using the free night, how to go about
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

acsteel,

The free certificates are usually sent to the property electronically once a rewards reservation is made.  If you decide to make a last minute stay and the property has availability you can always book a rewards reservation online or with the Marriott Smart Phone app making use of the certificate.  If you don't have internet access you can also call the Marriott reservations line and they can process the reservation for you.  Once your reservation is made the hotel will be able to access the information right away.

Happy Travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

acsteel Silver

Thanks vaboywnder. So in other words if I don't make it electronically either by mobile or PC, the staff at the location will not be able to access any certificate of mine regardless if I have my card, ID, etc.?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I've never seen a Certificate as they have always resided within my MR Account and as vaboywnder mentions are electronically transferred. 

I doubt the hotel staff would access your MR Account, maybe NathalieF, The specified item was not found., merb or ansaa can answer this question best?

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

The first time I called the reservations line to make a reservation that included a couple of certificates, the reservation rep recommended that I call the property a couple of days in advance of check-in just to ensure that the e-certificates were on file at the hotel. I did; they were, and I've continued to call ahead of every certificate-use stay since -- just for the peace of mind that comes with knowing.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

As stated by others the certs aren't paper and can't be printed out, they reside in your account and if you book an award stay at a hotel where the certs can be used you'll be offered the option on the screen after you've selected your room preferences.

This means you can't just use your certs as instant redemptions. You have to prebook, by phone, app or internet. If there's award availability you can do it on the day at the hotel itself. Once I just turned up at Waltham Marriott, asked if they were busy and when they said "no" asked to borrow reception phone to call Marriott Rewards when I just booked a stay there and then redeeming a cert for that night (I'd lost my smartphone earlier that day)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...