9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2014 8:43 AM by mozart4165 RSS

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Punta Islita in Costa Rica

mozart4165 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am looking for comments on the property and whether there are offsite restaurants?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Costa Rica
  • Re: Has anyone stayed at Hotel Punta Islita in Costa Rica
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I've never stayed there, but it appears to be pretty isolated and no mention on the hotel website of any dining nearby.  I found this on tripadvisor and it looks like you'll need to pack a lunch!  

Restaurants near Hotel Punta Islita in Costa Rica? - Playa Samara Forum - TripAdvisor

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

In the "for what it's worth" category, while I was looking at the terrific pictures fschumpert displayed of Ghent and Amsterdam (thanks Fred for all of your help on my trip - Happy Easter), the next picture was of Punta Isla in Costa Rica  http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/photoAlbums/1611  (page 2 - first  picture upper left corner)     by tker

My neighbor just up the road in Balmer, tker, wrote the book on the Marriott Travel Package (thanks tker for great tips), so if he's still around and sees this, he would be a great resource.

tker   are you still with us? If so, can you share some thoughts about your Costa Rican trip? It looks like a great place to visit and we'd all benefit. Thanks.

Good luck mozart (I have no salieri line, need my coffee first )

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Good morning and Happy Easter!! I am still with us! More later, but here is a trip report I wrote for Flyer Talk…. (Pictures too.)

We did eat at a nice offsite restaurant. The shuttle took us for free. Aside from this one, the pickings are few. The property is isolated is a refreshing way.

Punta Islita CR Autograph Collection Trip Report - FlyerTalk Forums

erc Platinum

Wow, talk about being in the right place at the right time!  Great stuff, thanks alot.

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Make sure you go through the thread to my links to the FB photo albums. They were posted separate from my daily reports. I never posted my "departure" stuff. It was uneventful. We were sorry to leave.

erc Platinum

Just finished - terrific write up, thanks. You apparently timed it perfectly, leaving snow and landing in tropical paradise. Glad to see that the hotel restaurant was excellent. Thanks for the follow up.

mozart4165 Gold

Thank you to everyone for your responses.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...