2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2008 9:24 PM by surfclubber RSS

Big Island

maddie Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Just got back from staying at the Marriott at Waikoloa on the island of Hawaii.  Some tips:  snorkeling by the Captain Cook monument is fantastic.  So is boogie boarding at Hapuna Beach.  Also if you like fish, try the poke at different restaurants.  Oh, and watch the Mai Tai's if you decide to try one.  They are very strong!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Big Island
    retireddl Silver

Did you visit the US Volcano National Park?  Any suggestions on route or time of day to visit?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Big Island
    surfclubber Platinum
    RetiredDL - we went to volcano national park back in May and I believe the park is open 7 days a week as we went on a Sunday.  I heard that the volcano is nice to see at dusk/dark because you can see it glowing.  If you are staying at the Marriott Waikoloa it is a couple hour drive to the park and we spent about four or five hours touring around the different areas, so it is a full day.  Definitely go all the way down to the lava fields near the water.  It was a truly amazing experience to be walking over all the hardened lava and you could see where roads had once been built and now they are covered in lava.  I would also recommend a blue hawaiian helicoptor tour over the volcano.  We got to see actual lava and that is the only way I think you can see the lava. Also check out the Thruston Lava tubes.  We read the Big Island Revealed book before we went and it def. helped to plan out our sightseeing. The Big Island was def.  a great trip and we hope to get back there again!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...