2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2015 4:38 PM by phctourist RSS

About your Birthday night credit....

thahairgoddess Silver 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is it just me or would you like to get a free night credit every year to use at your leisure instead of Marriott Rewards crediting your account for a night to make it easier to keep your elite status?  I found it a little annoying to receive an email that told me I received a free night credit but that it went towards my elite status and not a free stay. elite_status

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: About your Birthday night credit....
    acsteel Silver

Every year Marriott gives you one extra credit towards your elite status, however not an actual free night?

If understood correctly I probably like that better because I don't really like the free night the Premier's card gives you since they are category 1-5 and those nights do not go towards your elite status nor do they stack for a free night when you redeem rewards and get the 5th or 10th night free. Essentially I find the free night in a category 1-5 hotel from Marriott's Premier very hard to use.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: About your Birthday night credit....
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Obviously a free night at a hotel is more valuable than a night's credit toward Elite " status.  Nevertheless, Marriott gives this little gift to honor the birthday of its Platinum Elite status and it is valuable to those of us who sometimes come close to Platinum status and either barely make it or just miss it.

Nevertheless I am happy to get it even in a year like this one, when I'm on track for 87 or 88 nights.

We don't complain about a gift, just because we would have liked more!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...