21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2014 3:20 PM by anadyr RSS

Chatham Massachusetts, my 'Summa' Home

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We've been heading down cape since the 1960s.  Chatham has always been our destination. My wife worked at a place called the Christopher Ryder House, which is now gone. It was a Dirty Dancing resort--full of food, drinks and then entertainment.  I first went four years after her, as I started my Military career as an Infantry Officer. (not there obviously).

Anyway, this short video does Chatham a good service and is a wonderful overview of the 6000 person village.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chatham, Massachusetts, USA
  • Re: Chatham Massachusetts, my 'Summa' Home
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Loved the video, Chatham looks so quaint and romantic it must be really tough to spend the summer there!!

Bet that fudge joint makes a killing and killer fudge.  I am not a lover of sweets, but that place could bring me in just seeing those blocks of fudge in the window let alone the scent of the chocolate cooking in the pots, WOW.

How long have you worked for the Chatham Chamber or Visitor's Bureau?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

One hundred and twenty years.  Actually they love that I write fiction about my summa home.  And CQX (Chatham Municipal Airport) can handle my Citation with ease. It is wicked good.

Citation dash.jpg

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Almost any airport can handle a Citation as most of them are known to take bird strikes from the rear!

Candy Manor is endorsed by the American Dental Association:

Question: Why do dentists not have clocks?

Answer: Cause it is always "tooth hurty."

Ba bam bum

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Lovely looking place!

That "Captains House Inn" looks very nice as well!

BTW, how is the "Chatham Railroad Museum"?  It sounds historic and interesting!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

great town I stayed at Chatham bars once

jerryl,

It does sound like a wonderful place to visit.  However, I won't do it in the Summer!

CBI is excellent.

anadyr,

What is CBI?

This is a lovely post, but I apologize, I just can't figure out what this is?

Chatham Bars Inn (CBI to the locals). Some tourist once stopped me and asked where CB ONE was, confusing the I with the 1.  But that's another story.

anadyr,

Thanks!

The information is great, but what about the RR Museum?

Run by volunteers and worth an hour or so.

anadyr,

Thank-you!

Enjoy your time in Boston!  Hear they are expanding the number of runners to accommodate people who could not finish the race last year!

Very nice, and so is the Marconi Maritime Museum, where I am a founder and expert (I made the expert thing up).

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Chatham seems like a lovely place, Anadyr.  You are fortunate to have a summer home there.  Perhaps we will pay Chatham a visit when we go to Boston in September.  My mom also wants to go back to Nantucket.  Maybe we can take the Hyannis-Nantucket ferry, not far from Chatham.

The entire coastal area looks really beautiful in that part of the country.

There is a ferry from Harwich as well, and it takes slightly less time (less distance involved) to get there.  It is seasonal however.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...