13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2014 10:32 AM by ansaa RSS

Tax Day Special Rates in Washington DC This Summer

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just noticed that there are some special Tax Day rates going on at some of the Marriott properties in WDC.  The rates are valid from May 23rd through Sept. 2nd and must involve a weekend.  Book by April 21st.  I booked a Fri. through Tues.  Some of the hotels include: Washington Mayflower, Washington Marriott Georgetown and Crystal Gateway Marriott.  There may be more properties; I didn't check all of them.  I know that some on this forum have scored even better deals, but this is still good.   

Luxury Hotels in D.C. | The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, D.C., Hotel $134/night

Georgetown, DC Hotels | Washington Marriott Georgetown $134/night

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/wasgw-crystal-gateway-marriott/ $119/night

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Arlington, Virginia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Crystal Gateway Marriott
Washington, District Of Columbia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Washington Marriott Georgetown
Washington, District Of Columbia, USA Renaissance Hotels The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel
  • Re: Tax Day Special Rates in Washington DC This Summer
    erc Platinum

Good job pluto. All sorts of deals in the nation's capital, especially in August (it's not the heat, it's the humidity).

Folks, don't just look at the promo - go to the grid. Use hotel brand to select the full service (JW, M, Ren) and use variable nights. cruise through the properties and then click on the dates and you'll often discover Room Packages to be where the action is (lower than the rates) - like Mayflower August 21-23 $104, Ren Downtown 8/22-24 $97, Washington Metro 8/28-30 $104 etc etc.    Good luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

pluto77 and erc,

Pluto,   thanks for digging these gems up.... Us old folks are taking in the CSN concert on July 3rd at Wolf Trap. THEN we'll be hangin around the capital city for some fun. We've never stayed at the Georgetown Marriott. I'm thinking of looking into that.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Okay..I'm in. EXCELLENT rates at many hotels. Our home-away-from-home property, The Mayflower loses out this time.

We're set for the Marriott Georgetown and/or the Renaissance Dupont Circle. I'm psyched!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Pained,

I will look forward to your review of the Marriott Georgetown.  They seem to often have good rates and are reasonably located.  It's good to try new properties.  I considered them, but went with the much lauded Mayflower.  I also considered the 4th of July weekend, but figured it would be a zoo there on Independence Day.  Though it will probably be a zoo over Mem. weekend too.  Hmmm...

My husband saw CSN last year and went on and on about what a great show it was.

erc Platinum

painedplatinum

Just so there is no disappointment, the Marriott Georgetown (which has undergone a nice renovation) is not actually in Georgetown, but a relatively short, pleasant eight to ten blocks away on the other side of Rock Creek Parkway. It does provide breakfasts on weekends to Plats.

Marriott changed the property's name (from Washington Marriott, they added Georgetown) once they opened the Marriott Marquis Wash. DC on Mass Ave..   It will still be a nice trip - enjoy.

(and the Ren Dupont has no view, no big whoop, but don't be expecting monuments )

If you get a chance and have some free time, walk over to The Mansion on O St. - it's got some pretty cool stuff all throughout the house (and since you're in a CSN mood, the Mansion has a lot of rock and roll and music items on display). You can spend 10 minutes or 3 hours based on your curiosity.

IMAG2462.jpg IMAG2472.jpg

Platinum 28 Reviews

erc

May I assume that (with proper notification ) you offer Tour Guide services to fellow member?

erc Platinum
              Certainly, Insider Special; One week notice and one beer at The Bier Baron (formerly the famous/infamous
              Brickskeller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia where alas, I never reached my college initiated goal of consuming one of each of their 1,032 bottled beers) gets you a tour of the O Mansion and if you're nice, we may even visit The Brewmaster's Castle/Heurich House Museum just down the street.
              IMAG2464.jpg

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

erc,

Where is this located?  Just might have to visit this in June!

erc Platinum

The Castle/Heurich House is on 20th and New Hampshire and the O Mansion is real close nearby at 2020 O St., both an easy walk from the Mayflower, the NH Ave. Ren and the 22nd St. Marriott (and the Ritz).

Along with your fave Ris, consider Vidalia on M St.   Vidalia  while you're at the Mayflower (like the Ris, they have a good/weekday Happy Hour offering) Killer Happy Hours at High-End DC Restaurants | happy hour - Zagat (ansaa, notice your boy's Michel Richard's mention with Central

And if, like yours truly, you or your husband are into beer (I thought I read that on your NYC Marquis trip), Birch and Barley Birch & Barley : Washington DC : Welcome  on 14th St. (between N and P Streets) is an excellent restaurant and on the second floor is their operaton Church Key for lighter, excellent (also less expensive - great for lunch), bar grub and beer flights.

Have a great trip.

Thanks,erc, for this information.  We will be sure to check out the Castle & Mansion.  You are right...not too far from the Mayflower.   My husband is into beer--especially local brews & IPA's.  I am not, but I go for the fun & other "beverages". Except for my 1 day conference on Saturday, we plan to be having fun!

ansaa Member

Thanks for sharing and including me, erc! I'll have to try some of your suggestions next time I visit as well!

Yes. I am going to DC in June on the tax day rate of $134 @ the Mayflower Renaissance...good deal. The new Marriott Marquis has a $149.25 tax-day rate. But they also have a NEW rate of $119 for summer weekends. Check it out. I was considering staying 2 nights @ the Mayflower & then 2 nights @ the Marquis next to the convention center (where I am attending a 1-day conference), but decided to stay @ the Mayflower for the 4 days. The Mayflower is closer to my favorite restaurant, Ris, and I can walk there. We'll see..I may change my mind again!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...