21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2014 12:33 PM by madmax RSS

tornado in St. Louis this morning

madmax Gold 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

jerrycoin did you get my direct message regarding the tornado in St. Louis this morning? Just checking to see if everyone was ok and no damage done.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: tornado in St. Louis this morning
    ansaa Member

I was worried as well madmax. The storms in the Midwest are pretty intense this morning. Hope you and your family are okay, jerrycoin!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

ansaa & madmax,

All is fine here!

Just found out about the tornado here in STL, but did not even know about it as I have been in other areas of town.  Thank-you both for thinking of me!  We still have storms heading this way till mid-night, so I sure hope all goes well.  Am going to stay home for the rest of the day!

madmax, will be in OK City next week for a wonderful meeting!  Really enjoy OK, and am really looking forward to the meeting.  Could you please order "Good weather"!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I'll do my best Jerry. Direct message me with your details next week if you're coming around OKC, where you will be staying, etc. and for how long. Maybe I will have a chance to meet up with you. If not, have safe travels through the waving wheat

madmax,

Tell me what you think of this plan!

Arriving 11:45 AM at OKC on SW,

Going from there to Skirvin Hotel and then going to dinner at The Primrose at Castle Falls with "Lady Coin",  Good place?

Then it's a full day on Friday and having dinner with Jim Inhofe with others.

Saturday, another full day, will have lunch with Gov. Mary Fallin at the Governor's Mansion (With others).

Will then get a chance to visit The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum.

"You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma", is a wonderful song, and I love your state!

Madmax, bring anyone with you on Thursday afternoon, if you like, and we all can have a refreshment & laugh together!  BTW, what do think of the plan?

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Well jerrycoin, I think your plan is fantastic!  Enjoy your trip.

sldchick,

Thank-you!

All survived the tornado!  Now, on to OKC!

Hope to have some new photo's to share!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Hey Jerry,

Sorry to take so long in answering your post. My iPad would not let me answer anything in my inbox over the weekend. Sometimes it is persnickety like that.

Your plan sounds amazing. Hope you were able to book "The Library" at the Primrose as it is very intimate setting. I'm sure you will enjoy it as well as The Skirvin. I have not stayed there since it was purchased and refurbished as an historic spot in downtown but have heard marvelous things about it.

I actually have two appointments on Thursday so there is no way to get away from work that day. I am afraid I will not be able to meet up with you and Mrs. Coin. I was really hoping it would work out but be sure to take alot of pics for us while hobnobbing with the elite.

Enjoy your visit to The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. There is quite alot there to take in.

Wave at me when you get to OKC I will be there in spirit and will raise my water glass to you guys while at work

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

jerrycoin,

If you haven't visited the Oklahoma City National Memorial to commemorate those who we lost in the horrible destruction of life in 1995 it is a must see when in OKC.

I bet it is a Pharmaceutical meeting where they let you mix the "meds"!!

Good to hear you missed the Tornado, those things scare the dickens out of me.

IAHFLYR,

Thanks!

The bad news is more severe weather is on it's way!  Am at home and try to be prepared for the worst!

"The Medicine Cabinet" is being used as I write!  BTW, I had never had a margarita till I came to Houston at Ninfa's in 1980!  Wow was it good!

I'm not much into Tah-kill-ya but Ninfa's as well as Cadillac Bar have some excellent rita's for sure. 

I believe it is time to head for the "Med Cabinet", it's not only after 5 here but many places. 

Have a safe night.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

think they use Patron...the smoothest by far

Patron it is!

Wonderful "Medicine" for the "Sick and affirmed" like me!

Can't wait to have a small dose with IAHFLYR next time in Houston!

jerrycoin,

You get to town and we will have two of the "sick and affirmed", you on Patron and me on Tito's or better!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

BTW, jerrycoin. I'd appreciate any efforts on your part to keep the city free of tornados when I visit in May.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

You will be very lucky if you keep OKC free of tornados as well. It should be past our season by August but you never know around here...of course it will be 100+ degrees I'm sure!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

100+ degrees.

All the more reason to keep my stops in the county seats as short as possible. I expect hot weather in August, but I won't promise to enjoy it.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I think this year I WILL enjoy it because I certainly will not complain since it has been so darn cold this winter. I HATE COLD!

bejacob,

NO problem!

Will be there the end of the week!  Hope madmax can help as well!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

will do my best Jerry. I don't care much for tornados either.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...