12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2014 10:39 AM by maddashin RSS

Elmira - Corning - Finger Lakes Suggestions

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am planning a short weekend trip to the Finger Lakes for some winery visits and a possible stop at the Corning Museum of Glass.

The only winery that is currently a must on our list is Bully Hill Vineyards.  Any other winery suggestions in the Keuka Lake region?  My better half is a big fan of Riesling wine.

Any restaurant recommendations for the Corning / Elmira area? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Corning, New York, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Horseheads, New York, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning
  • Re: Elmira - Corning - Finger Lakes Suggestions
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

jakeal, I'll be watching the suggestions as well. I anticipate a trip in that same area around late June.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

I Would suggest Heron Hill winery. Depending on the weather and when you go, the winery has a deck you can eat out on. The winery itself has a gorgous view of Keuka Lake. Heron Hill is close to Bully Hill! 

Another popular winer is Dr. Franks. There's a couple very good Rieslings here.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

aje5837 and bejacob,

I thought you would want to know that I wrote about my Finger Lake trip in a recent blog post: An Irish Cuban, "Afterburner" Habanero Ale, and the Crystal City

aje, Thanks for the Heron Hill suggestion - it was only a few minutes away from Bully Hill.

bejacob, The FFI Corning Riverside was a solid FFI with good customer service, standard breakfast, and clean & comfortable accommodations.  The city of Corning is worth visiting on your country trip in late June.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Good to know, jakeal. I've got the reservation made already. BTW, I'll be at the Dearborn Inn tomorrow night. After reading your blog about it, I decided I needed to check it out. Currently at the FFI in Streetsboro, OH so I can attend a conference in Kent (just down the road) tomorrow before driving to Michigan. Will have a short blog entry over the weekend.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Glad to hear it bejacob - I think you will enjoy the Dearborn!  Safe travels and I look forward to your blog post.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

bejacob,

Enjoy the Dearborn Inn, it is a wonderful hotel!

See if they will put you in one of the "Special rooms" out back!  Don't know if you have stayed there before, but here are some photo's, you may enjoy:

P1010065.JPG

Great reception area!

P1010070.JPG

The rooms in "Special homes" are wonderful!

P1010068.JPG

Dining with my friends was fantastic!

Enjoy your stay, and see you on May 11 in STL!

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

I just read your blog!  I'm glad you had a great time in the Finger Lakes!  I'm glad you enjoyed Heron Hill.  You have me wanting to eat at Bully Hill. I haven't eaten there but that peanut butter pie looked so delicious. 

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

I too love Riesling wine and pretty much just drink German.  Why do you think Bully Hill Vineyards is a must.  Leaving end of September and trying to get the tourist sites together.

Thanks for any response.

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Bully Hill has some wines I just really enjoy!  When we went for wine tastings there 2 years ago it was a fun experience and I really enjoyed a lot of my samples.

If you're going to be going to Wineries on Cayuga Lake (part of the Finger Lakes), then I highly recommend Lucas winery.  I loved everything I tried there (I'm one to dump a lot if I don't like it).  Americana winery was also a good one just down the road from the Lucas Winery.  So far, Lucas is my favorite of all the finger lakes wineries.

If you're going to the Finger Lakes I do highly recommend you visit the wineries.  New York State has some great Rieslings!

Good luck with your travels and let us know what you end up doing!

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

maddashin - sorry for the delay in responding.  Hopefully you will get this message before leaving for your trip.  IMO, Bully Hill has the best combination of wine, food, views, and "atmosphere".  The employees are friendly and knowledgeable.  The Keuka Lake area has some other great wineries as well and a few great small breweries if you are a beer drinker.  You might be interested in reading my blog post regarding my visit last spring:

An Irish Cuban, "Afterburner" Habanero Ale, and the Crystal City

Enjoy the trip!

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

Thanks for the response.  I ended up booking close to this winery because I really want to visit it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...