5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2014 7:39 AM by jerrycoin RSS

London County Hall

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are preparing for  two week trip in June to the UK which will start with a drive to Scotland back to York and the train to London to finish our stay with 5 nights at County Hall ( primarily based on Jerrycoins recommendations).  I have a couple of questions for the group.  In order to manage luggage and time  we are considering laundry service at County Hall.  Is this too expensive to even consider?  Second item is recommendation on traveling from Kings Cross station to County Hall.  It will be 3 adults with large bags.

thanks in advance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
London, England
  • Re: London County Hall
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

shashack,

Congratulations on your upcoming trip!  That sounds like a lot of fun, and it is not too early to get some plans put in order.   As far as clothes cleaning goes, I would expect the hotel to be really expensive.  However, it seemed to me that I saw cleaners nearby, toward Waterloo Station, that would be reasonable, and quick, with your clothing.  This may sound outlandish, (But I have done it), take some old clothes that you may no longer need not want, and just "Donate" them while you are there.  It is a great way to "Lighten the load" and save money!

On the Kings Cross to Westminster or Waterloo by tube, that is going to be difficult for all of you with bags.  I would suggest you take a taxi and avoid stairs, escalators, and a block walk to the hotel from either station.  That will not be easy nor fun, and think about security.   You will probably be tired and you may want to "Bite the bullet" and pay for the ride!

One last thing, send a direct email to Nic, Aaron, or any of the fine Concierges there.  Ask for their advice!  They are a wonderful group of people and will probably be able to save you time and money.  Tell them "Hello" from me, and you will already have a "Friend" or two upon arrival. 

Remember that rooms may not be ready, (Especially good ones) until the afternoon, so be patient.  Try to get a nice room on the Thames side!  Here's the email address:

mhrs.lonch.concierge@marriotthotels.com

Here's a photo of the Head Concierge, Nic, who is an Award Winning Concierge!

IMG_1418.JPG

shashack, please continue to look over previous posts on London!  We are lucky to have some fine MRI contributors from GB, who really know their stuff.  Please let us all know how we can answer questions about your exciting trip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

Thanks Jerrycoin,  I knew I could count on you And go Cards!

shashack,

Will try to help, as best I can!  Like  @merb, am interested in pictures of your trip, especially Scotland to York!

Hope you get "Comfortable" with your trip plans soon!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Hi shashack,

Do you need to know anything about York or Edinburgh?  I know both cities well.

Also, totally agree with jerrycoin.  DO NOT attempt to go from Kings Cross anyway other than in a taxi.  There is a good taxi rank outside King's Cross station.  4/5 lines, and they move very quickly.

tommo781,

Thank-you for your comment! 

There are ways to save time and money, but some "Tube" trips are going to be "Nightmares".  When you have heavy luggage, with changes in stations, stairs and escalators, don't do it!

Take care and keep the support coming!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...