13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2014 10:25 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Minneapolis/St. Paul...Thoughts?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have five days this week in the Twin Cities. I always look for the authentic, unique foods unavailable to other parts of the country. I'm also interested in the "best of" foods.  Pizza, burgers, chicken wings..etc   Any ideas and suggestions?

This will be my first trip to Minnesota since I was a young boy. I was hoping to rollerskate around the Metrodome..à la Ditka... but I read they blew that thing up!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Minneapolis Marriott West
  • Re: Minneapolis/St. Paul...Thoughts?
    deltadagger Silver 5 Reviews

The Best Marriott in Minneapolis is the RI city center!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks dd.  How about some foodie ideas?  Where are all the world travelers out there?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

This WT is currently in rural Tennessee, and there's nowhere good to eat here.  (I am in southern food restaurant h€ll.   As in greasy, fried meats and potatoes, canned vegetables and lots of biscuits and gravy.)  Thank goodness my daughter is an excellent cook.

Haven't been to MSP in quite a long time either.  Best of luck, bro P.  Hope others chime in with more currency than I (and hope you will end up dining a whole lot better than I am! )

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

pluto,

Sounds like you are in Clarksville! (Just a guess)!

Do enjoy "Texas Roadhouse" and "Chick-fila" there!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Yup.  As for national chains, one would expect consistency at any location, but it is not so much the case in these parts... We did however enjoy a yummy soup and salad lunch, and also brought home some fresh baked whole grain bread from Panera Bread here in town.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

pluto,

There is a nice "Outback" there!

If you go West on the Interstate, go to Cadiz, Ky!  Broadbent's, is a wonderful place for their meats! They also have a wonderful "Christmas" shop, during the season!

Oooh. Sometimes you need a shower after some of those restaurants.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Yes, you just missed the Metrodome demolition!

Minneapolis/St. Paul doesn't really have its own culinary identity.  Celebrity chef Marcus Samuelson had a Scandinavian restaurant there, thinking that it would be a big hit in the land of the ethnically Nordic.  But the restaurant eventually closed because it was too exotic for the locals!  Sad, but true!  I loved it, though!

Here are some suggestions:

If you are a foodie, try Borough in the North Loop of Minneapolis:

www.boroughmpls.com

For Neapolitan style pizza, try one of these which are spread throughout the Metro area:

www.punchpizza.com

Moscow on the Hill in St. Paul is good if you like eastern European:

www.moscowonthehill.com

For Middle Eastern, try Beirut in St. Paul:

www.beirutrestaurantanddeli.com

Matt's Bar in Minneapolis is home to the original "Juicy Lucy" burger:

www.mattsbar.com

I say that the best Marriott-branded hotel in Minneapolis is the Hotel Minneapolis!

I have an upcoming reservation at Marriott West where you are staying, so I look forward to a report on how that was for you...have not stayed there but have a wedding in the vicinity.

That's it cleb!!! Excellent work. I'll sure to get to at least 3 of these. I enjoy all the types you've listed.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Glad to help!  If I think of any good places near the Marriott West, I'll post them!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...