3 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2014 10:49 PM by floridatravels RSS

MVC Villas at Doral - Miami

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

ottI have a couple of Miami layovers coming up that require a hotel stay somewhat near the MIA airport.  The MVC Villas at Doral seem to be fairly close by and are very reasonably priced compared to the typical airport hotel offerings.  I can rent a 2 BR for less than the price of any of the MIA hotels with my MVC owner discount.  Can anyone tell me if there is on-site dining suitable for kids?  It looks like the only offering is a bar where kids would not be appropriate unless FL law lets kids eat in bars (?).  It seems that there are several restaurants at the nearby Doral golf resort and MVC has a shuttle between the MVC and the main resort.  Does that sound right?  We won't have a rental car.  Also wondering if it's worth the hassle of a taxi to get over to this place when we could stay at the MIA airport Marriott which has an airport shuttle, a couple of restaurants, etc.  I do really like the appeal of the villa over a traditional hotel room, though, especially at the price being offered.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Miami, Florida, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Villas at Doral
  • Re: MVC Villas at Doral - Miami
    blava007 Platinum

clebert

You will need a rental car or Taxi to get around.  If you are planning to stay for one night it may not be worth the effort.  The money you think you may save will be used for Taxi, etc.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MVC Villas at Doral - Miami
    floridatravels Platinum 9 Reviews

the Marriott by the airport has been renovated so a better property then it use to be.

I stay at the Doral timeshare property every year for the NASCAR race in November.

units are first class!

great pool on site.  there are a few restaurant locations with in walking distance that are reasonable and family friendly.

if just looking for one night you might be better off staying by airport with free shuttle.

restaurants near the Marriott Airport also. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...