5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2014 12:40 PM by bejacob RSS

Do certificate nights count towards 5th night free?

fourtripsayear Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I am planning a stay at a Category 4 property. I will have two certificates, each for a single night, plus enough points for two additional nights. I am wondering whether this combination of four nights would enable the fifth night free. Or do the four nights need to be exclusively point redemptions, and not include any certificate nights?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do certificate nights count towards 5th night free?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

fourtripsayear

You can certainly call Marriott rewards and see if they'll hook you up with that 5th night. I'm guessing no, but give it a try.

Normally, the "5th night free" will show up when you use points and book the trip on marriott.com. The system will charge your 5 nights stay for the 4 night points price. So, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do it on line. Give them a call and let us know!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fourtripsayear Silver

Hi there - thanks for the quick reply. I should have added that I have made the reservation but have not yet accrued sufficient points... just waiting for the 50K to show up (new credit card) and I have another stay pending that will get me a megabonus certificate. So I have not yet processed anything on the system other than reserving the room.

Once the points arrive in my account I will call Marriott and will post the outcome. Thanks again.

ansaa Member

Hello fourtripsayear -

Great questions. We agree with painedplatinum and suggest that you contact Marriott Rewards directly to better help assist you. There contact information is below:

Phone: 800-450-4442

Email: rewards.procedures@marriott.com

Hope this helps!

fourtripsayear Silver

Hi Again,

I finally got all my points and certificates lined up so took the good advice given here and called Marriott.

Confirming that certificates do not count towards 5th night free. I would need to redeem 4 nights' worth of points in order to receive the 5th night free.

Thanks for your advice!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...