3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2014 10:50 AM by laurac RSS

Spirit to Serve Nominations at Grand Cayman Beach Resort

momof2boys Silver 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We just returned to Chicago after staying at the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort for 6 nights.  There are a few employees at this resort who I would like to nominate for the Spirit to Serve award.  The first person is Daisy E., our housekeeper who I believe is retiring soon.  She went out of our way to make our stay better.  Plus, our room was spotless after she was in to clean.  Also, Waleed A. the recreation supervisor also went out of his way to make us feel welcomed.  He was so wonderful with my children and took the time to show us Echo the parrot who lives at the resort.  Lyida who worked at the towel hut by the pool was also very kind and friendly.  Finally, Brando who worked at the front door of the resort took the time to answer our questions and ask us if we needed anything.  The entire staff at the resort was so very friendly and helpful.  We will definitely return to this Marriott because of the people who work there.  Thank you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spirit to Serve Nominations at Grand Cayman Beach Resort
    laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, momof2boys, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate these Marriott associates for this important award. We’ll enter the nominations for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award. If you can provide us a little more detail as to how each of them went "above and beyond" to serve, that will help further their nominations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

momof2boys Silver 2 Reviews

Laura,

Daisy, our housekeeper went above and beyond to serve us. She was so friendly and happy, and I could find her in the hallway/or another room and she would stop what she was doing right then to help me if I needed something(towels, cups etc).  She worked around our schedule too.  She was so very friendly with our children too.  When she met us in the hallway/or our room she acknowledged them by name (and us too) and asked us how our day was going and if we were having fun.

Walleed the recreation supervisor went above and beyond by finding someone to cover him in the towel hut so that he could take myself and my boys up to see Echo, the parrot. It was our last day and we were checking out.  He let my boys hold Echo and he took pictures with my camera. He was funny and they were laughing and smiling the whole time.  As they were going to bed last night and I asked them what their favorite part of our vacation was and they said meeting Echo. 

Brando the front doorman helped us when our Stingray City charter almost cancelled on us.  They said they did not have our reservation. He gave us great advice and kept calling the charter company to make sure they were on their way. 

Litha from the towel hut also knew my boys by name.  She always was telling me what nice boys I have.  She was so patient with them when they could not decide on what snack they wanted.

I truly believe when people enjoy their job it shows by how they treat others. In the service industry, it really is the everyday people who are in direct contact with guests that make a world of difference in the overall experience.  So, I wish I could nominate others as well.  There were many friendly people at this Marriott.  However, these four individuals are the ones who I made a point to right down their names so I could give them the recognition they deserve.  Recognition and praise are so very important in life!  Thank you for taking the time to read my posts, and I hope that they all receive a Spirit to Serve award.  They deserve it!

laurac Marriott Associate

Thank you, momof2boys, for taking the time to provide this follow-up detail about these associate's spirit to serve! We are very happy to hear that you and your family had such a terrific experience, and we'll be sure to pass along all of your comments to the general manager of this hotel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...