16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2014 1:34 PM by highmaintenance13 RSS

New Insider Homepage

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone else get a new homepage all of a sudden when you log into Insiders through your MR Account?  Wouldn't it be nice if we got some insight into changes before they take place?  Is this another gap in the communication about this site from NathalieF due to him being out on the racetrack recently or is it simply the fact he is engaged again? 

So many questions and so few answers today........and no I'm not being cranky now regardless of my golf score.

I see also we have a new "Feature Insider" which has been added.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Insider Homepage
    jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

I am seeing all the new things your describe above and do not not recall any news of new updates forthcoming. 

Hotel Reviews has now disappeared from the bottom of my home screen.

On the bright side, I am able to see more "Recent Content" with the removal of the Hotel Reviews.  I think this was a complaint voiced a few days ago by someone.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

The first thing I  noticed was more marketing. The 2nd thing I noticed was a feature on bejacob and his blog. Nice recovery on somebody's part. 

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Imagine my surprise when I logged in tonight.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

bejacob,

Congratulations!  Nice photo and Bio!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Fame and fortune are yours and well deserved.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Very well deserved for sure.

Hey Andy, why not share this stuff before it's rolled out to surprise us all?

Pay no attention to the man behind the mirror!

erc Platinum

All I ask, is that when Andy profiles me, he doesn't mention I mail back a pillow from each hotel I stayed at - that was supposed to be our secret !

That would knock the stuffing out of me!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Excellent choice for the new feature roll-out. And I'm glad to read you checked out Dock St. Oyster Bar in Wilmington -- so many oysters, so little time. 

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Thanks, jerrycoin, IAHFLYR, anadyr, and foxglove

So the "Insider of the Month" is gone, now replaced by the "Featured Insider."

Either way, it's nice to be noticed and appreciated.

Maybe if we had given bigger tips to the MR staff we'd still be IOTMs?

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

The Millennials are at it again! Just when us "old timers that don't spend any money at Marriott" figure things out, they go and change it on us!!!!!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

This made for an entertaining read at the gym (not the track). I'd have been disappointed if no one noticed since we pushed the majority of the changes live, but the configurations will be done tomorrow. Announcement with details coming in the morning.

I must be stupid cause I never saw it until you asked.  In my humble or not so opinion the MRI site had always lacked the visual beauty of a good website.  Too much white space for my taste, not enough graphic design elements in it, and confusing to use.  The trends aside, I would hope that the folks at HQ could make the MRI site more user friendly and at the same time more pleasing to the eye.

And yes I have been accused of being cranky too, just not today.

highmaintenance13 Gold 3 Reviews

I Like the previous version, but I am going see what the new version is offering. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...