11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2014 2:52 PM by NathalieF Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

How to browse conversations and exclude Hotel Reviews

missgee Silver 40 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Oh good.  I was beginning to think it was just me.  That's mostly why I haven't been posting on this site.  Whenever I visit, all I see are hotel reviews and barely any other content.  I finally came to the conclusion that the site had died so I rarely visit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How to browse conversations and exclude Hotel Reviews

Oh, for the love of God.  It's done it again.  All I see is hotel reviews again.  How do I get to the meat?!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

You're not alone missgee - For now, you can click "Exclude Member Reviews" to just see conversations in the Activity feed which we added after other suggestions.

exclude-reviews.jpg

But we hope to see you back more often . We've started capturing local tips on a few locations and themes: Share your top 5 tips for DC, Orlando, Hawaii, Savannah and Aruba

Okay, call me dense, but for the life of me, i cannot find a tab called "followed activity".  Is it in my profile?

Oh, holy smokes, it's in that tiny link at the top of the page!  Who knew?  haha

Okay, I have clicked on Exclude Member Reviews but it only excludes them on that page?  It doesn't carry over to the rest of the site?

I'm not sure I understand. Besides the Activity page, Reviews only appear in The specified item was not found.

As an example, when I go to "Browse" then "Content" I see all the hotel reviews again.  It's not excluding them on any of the other pages.

Got it! Thanks for the example.

As you've noted, going to Browse - Content is very much like the Activity page (except browsing content allows you to filter and sort). So there are two work arounds:

1- you can click on the type of content you want to browse (In the case, discussions).

filter-discussions.jpg

2- you can use the top navigation to skip to specific categories of conversations

nav-destinations.jpg

No problem, my screenshot was taken from the Activity page

Well that was weird.  I went to reply but our sidebar had been split out into its own thread and I got a bit confused.  lol. Sorry for derailing the other thread!

Oh not a problem at all. I wanted to be sensitive to profchiara's comment about seeing my activity - especially when we were chatting on a thread she created. We've uncovered helpful tips as well so I wanted to make these easier for others to see as well.