8 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2014 5:04 AM by tommo781 RSS

Did All Inclusives Recently Return?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

www.marriott.com/hotel/all-inclusive-vacations.mi

For some reason, I just noticed this on the main page. I've never done an all inclusive deal. For the folks that have had this experience..how was it?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Did All Inclusives Recently Return?
    dejamo Platinum

Nope...........they never went away.

What did go away was the ability to redeem points for the stay.

Back in the day when you could use points, it was well worth it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I too am curious how folks who have used all inclusive deals have found them?

My way of thinking is we love to get out and learn of the local cuisine more than feel like we must eat all our meals in the hotel or where ever the meals are packaged together in the package.  Now I can see if the now famous jerrycoin "prescribed meds" are all part of the package THEN I am able to see the advantage of an all inclusive trip.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I have never used the all inclusive at Marriott hotels because frankly I wasn't impressed with them. The price is much higher and you still have the issues with not including parking fees, resort fees, etc. on the ones I looked up.

I have gone on two all-inclusive vacations at other properties that are set up for those type of deals and it was awesome! Unlimited access to all drinks during the entire stay, both soft and prescribed which is a great savings in itself it you hang around the beach or pool alot. One can still go outside the resorts to eat but food is always there if you want to just relax at a place for a few days. The food was excellent in all cases, breakfast, snacks, lunches, dinners. A great variety is served daily. It is sort of like a cruise ship in that regard. Most all inclusive packages I have ran across include access to all resort events. I believe golf is extra but there are snorkeling equipment, towels, boating activities included depending upon the resort. Each is different but to me well worth it as you don't have to worry about anything. These types of vacations are great when you just want to hang out like IAHFLYR in Scrub Island. Just mho

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great info madmax, even though we didn't do an all inclusive at Scrub Island it was still full of just "hang out" time for sure, and loved cooking in the kitchen for sure!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

yes I was just using that as an example since I knew you were just hanging out on that vacation. That would really be the only reason to book an all inclusive as it would not be worth the difference in cost if you weren't planning on being at the place most of the time.

unhappymember Gold

Did an all inclusive using points at Grand Cayman back in 2009,  My opinion was a good value 90,000 points for 7 days.

Now that they've taken away the point option, does anyone know if you can use points for the room and  upgrade to the all inclusive by paying for it?

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I don't know about an upgrade to all inclusive, but I have booked a room in London on points for several nights later this year, and am paying to upgrade to a studio suite with lounge access.  I rang the hotel, and they sorted it out for me and gave me a price for the upgrade, which was very reasonable.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...