6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2014 10:32 PM by kharada46 RSS

Local Promotion Rate (LPR)?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Snooping around on Loyalty Lobby this morning and ran across this:

Marriott “LPR” (Local Promotional Rate) Offer / Discount Code | LoyaltyLobby

Anyone ever used this before?  First time I've heard of it and will plug it in to a few spots to see what returns.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: Local Promotion Rate (LPR)?
    erc Platinum

Whereas most times, it's not available, I have used it a couple of times for savings. Often, it truly is a promotional rate for locals (for example Florida state residents with ID or most recently New Hampshire for  Wentworth). They maintain a good link for most all codes on FlyerTalk   http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-ritz-carlton-rewards/685162-list-publicly-usable-marriott-reservation-codes.html

Again, the general rule applies, check several codes and check several times (like voting; look early and often ).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Good to know, guess I'll have to dust of my other states ID's!!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

If you have a State of Hawaii ID, you can use Z43 or L6C for "Kama'aina Rates" at Hawaii properties

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I have used it.  It does work sometimes for a 20% or so discount.

I've been looking around just cuzz and have yet to find the rate, always shows not available for the selected dates.  Guess I'll have to look at something in a well hidden little known area.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

LPR is a code used by hotels individually. Common offers on LPR rate are very cheap children's rooms, usually conditional upon an adult room having been booked on a specific rate, SFB being the most common. Another one is a local newspaper readership rate where the terms are as described in the newspaper concerned, typically bringing in a number of daily Coupons. Another can be a local voucher rate where the voucher has to be presented at checkin to validate the rate. I have used LPR at times and had some excellent deals!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...