1 2 3 16 Previous Next 234 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2015 8:48 AM by foxglove RSS

What Are You Grilling This Spring?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It is Springtime in most parts of the U.S. now so I figured it's time to bring back a favorite topic of many that jerrycoin began last fall.  So here it is, tell us what you're grilling this time of year and into summer!

Mrs. IAH and I are getting the grill fired up for the second time this week, tonight it is her yummy Butterfly Pork Chops marinated in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Worcester Sauce mixed together with a touch of Garlic and freshly ground Black Pepper.  They are sooooo good and will have marinated for seven hours by the time they hit the 600 degree grill tonight.

To go along with the chops it will be Panko crusted Zucchini chips baked in the oven for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees.  They are an excellent option that I will eat like chips.  Easy to make, slice up some Zucchini fairly thin, mix grated Parmesan Cheese, Panko with your favorite seasonings (ours are Garlic, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper) with some low fat milk and dip the Zucchini slices into the mix making sure to coat them well.  Place on a non stick cookie sheet with Olive Oil to make sure they don't stick to the pan and toss them in the oven.  We have started to make them two or three times a week and are great for munching on while on Insiders!

Of course your favorite wine will top this grilling night off perfectly.

Dining at it's finest I say.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
Branson, Missouri, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Branson
Concord, New Hampshire, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn Concord
New Castle, New Hampshire, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
  • 1. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

Glad you are getting us "Excited" at getting the "Grill's Hot again"!  That sounds like a lovely meal you have planned!  You may get a few "Hungry neighbors" to drop-in, once they, "Smell the smoke"!

It's really been too cold here in the Mid-West to really grill, so I am getting everything ready for that first warm afternoon, and I think it will be next week!

Keep the stories coming!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?

IT'S NEVER TOO COLD!!!

Come on Mr. Coin......I'm going out in the rain tonight to get the grill ready, although it is a nice 70 degrees and raining!!!

We need to fire up the Insider clan and get them all excited about grilling.

• 3. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Our weather here is NE Georgia has been up and down for the last two months (mostly down), but I have fired up the smoker for a couple of salmon flanks, and last weekend I grilled the last of the grouper we brought back from Flagler Beach, FL and froze. Forecasts call for the '70s this weekend, so it looks like it's about time to make another run to the coast and load up the coolers. We have a trip planned for Kingsland/St. Mary's GA just as soon as classes end for the semester. We'll be touring the King's Bay Trident Sub Base, doing some kayaking, biking, and gorgin' on seafood.sub.jpg

• 4. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?

Great picture foxglove, but you'll have to send some salmon here so I am able to compare it to my smoked king salmon!!

I've had those grilling nights where you freeze however; those nights I don't grill things that need constant attention so I'm able to go back in the house and refill the "meds" then back out again to check on the food. 

It appears we will be grilling some ribs this weekend and maybe salmon the next night, love grilled salmon....just love salmon anyway even raw.

• 5. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?

IAHFLYR,

Love your enthusiasm, but I can't grill in the cold!

It'a just not fun!

Next week it should be nicer!  Let us know how your dishes turn out!

• 6. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?

foxglove,

Agree with IAHFLYR,

Wonderful photo, and wonderful post!  Keep them coming!

• 7. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?

Yeah, the medicinal anti-freeze allowed me to stay on task. And grilled grouper's worth the chill. mmmmmm!

• 8. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?

Thanks, jerrycoin. It's also the calving season for the northern right whales off the GA coast. We're going to be headed over to Cumberland Island Natl Seashore, too, so we may get a little whale-spotting in. We've seen them before -- they come pretty close to the barrier island beaches, and you can spot the cows and calves: a big spout and a little spout. It's really cool to see.

• 9. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?
    erc Platinum

Man, that would take a big grill !

• 10. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?

It's landing the thing that's the problem!

• 11. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?
    Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Those zucchini chips sound wonderful, IAH!  Thanks for sharing the preparation info with us; sounds very easy to make.  Here in central NH at 7:40 a.m. I am prepping teriyaki chicken for the gas grill tonight.  Currently it's 33 degrees out (over freezing!  heat wave!) and we will hit the 40's by this evening.  Kids have 1/2 day of school, so I'll pick my sone and his buddy up, then we'll head out to get a 2 p.m. ticket for the ski area.  After skiing hard for 2 hours (possibly in the rain) until they close, I'll come home, fire up that bad boy grill and pour a glass of Votre Sante pinot noir to get in the grilling mood.  Sides will include some pasta and green beans.  Not a gourmet meal by any means, but a pleasant one and pleasing to the picky boys.  As for me, any "medicinals" with dinner make it so much better!

• 12. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?
    missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Isn't that funny... I had picked up some zucchini, earlier this week, to make that exact recipe, IAH!  In fact, i stood looking at it in the fridge only last night.  hahaha

It's reassuring to hear it's a favorite of yours as I have never tried it before.

• 13. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?
    missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I agree.... it's never too cold to grill!  When I lived in Canada I kept a shovel by the back door so I could clear a path to the bbq.  lol.  It also makes a handy extra fridge/freezer.  In the winter, of course. 

• 14. Re: What Are You Grilling This Spring?

I love reading all these posts, great ideas and we should really all thank jerrycoin for starting this concept last fall. 

1 2 3 16 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...